Warmoth messed up my scale length!

Nickmag01

Warmoth specified a 25 1/2 scale on my custom iceman. Well it arrived and the scale was not 25 1/2 it was more like 27. What should i do. I cant return the guitar because i already took the plastic off the cavity covers please someone answer

Hello and welcome..

I'd say call them and discuss it with customer service to hash out the issue... :headbang:

Warmoth doesn't sell guitars or basses, they only sell parts.

That means if you bought a completed custom guitar, it wasn't from them.

You'll need to go to the vendor you bought it from and ask why the wrong neck was ordered/installed.

I'm raising the BS flag, here; Jonathan Davis doesn't play guitar.  :icon_jokercolor:

-No, seriously, there have been way too many n00bs with postage-stamp-sized celebrity avatar pics, showing up for just a few posts, and asking weird questions or sharing "gee-whiz" tips.  -Anyway, I'm getting sorta 'bot-phobic, so...

-If you're a real person, Nickmag01, my apologies.

I call bs too. Only a nitwit would post before calling the company. 

Yeah, you're right, Rick...

newbs.png

-No apologies!

Guys, maybe be a little more gracious to new members with problems. He signed up after Warmoth was closed for the day, give him a break.

Day-mun said:
-No, seriously, there have been way too many n00bs with postage-stamp-sized celebrity avatar pics, showing up for just a few posts, and asking weird questions or sharing "gee-whiz" tips.  -Anyway, I'm getting sorta 'bot-phobic, so...

Yeah, I have noticed that, too. I wasn't sure what the deal was.  ???

Not to disparage the OP, if he's not a bot. It's just curious.

I think the BS clue is here  :laughing3: "I cant return the guitar because i already took the plastic off the cavity covers"

PhilAngus said:
I think the BS clue is here  :laughing3: "I cant return the guitar because i already took the plastic off the cavity covers"

I was gonna ask if the more compassionate of our lot had actually read the OP, but seeing as I was already being picked out for being too abrasive, decided to hold my tongue.  :laughing7:

You're all being very unkind. I think it's pretty clear what's happened here - the guy's ordered an Iceman body and Warmoth have supplied one with the bridge rout randomly placed in a non-standard position.

Wait a minute though, the bridge location doesn't actually determine the scale length on it's own, so he must have ordered both a body and neck and they've only gone and scratch-built him a completely custom scale length variant. Poor guy!

But, thinking about it a little more, they don't usually do that kind of stuff so... it's pretty cool actually...

Hey! Warmoth! Where's my one-of-a-kind 27" scale Iceman, ya B@$t@^s?!

Back