Warmoth Made In USA metal logos

DocNrock

Master Member
I like the metal logos that Warmoth sells and have them on every build.  There is gold, chrome, and smoked chrome.  My suggestion is for black as an option.  Smoked chrome is the closest, but for light colored woods with black hardware, I'd love it if black was available.

DocNrock said:
I like the metal logos that Warmoth sells and have them on every build.  There is gold, chrome, and smoked chrome.  My suggestion is for black as an option.  Smoked chrome is the closest, but for light colored woods with black hardware, I'd love it if black was available.

+ 1.000.000,00

DocNrock said:
+1  Ya, that would be great if black was available.

We couldn't get black. Apparently there are environmental issues with black metal coatings keeping some companies from producing black parts.

:icon_scratch:
Black tuners
Black knobs
Black pickup rings
Black bridges and trems
Black strap knobs.

:dontknow:

DocNrock said:
Black tuners
Black knobs
Black pickup rings
Black bridges and trems
Black strap knobs.

If you check out a site such as StewMac, you'll see all their black hardware is labeled as "not for sale in the EU due to environmental restrictions". Anyway, I believe the black plating involves lead.

So are these emblems imported from the EU?  Don't black Floyds/Schallers come from Germany?

Awww man!  I just realized I forgot to order a Warmoth logo for my LP!  Now I probably gotta wait until I need something else so my order will be over $25.

hannaugh said:
Awww man!  I just realized I forgot to order a Warmoth logo for my LP!   Now I probably gotta wait until I need something else so my order will be over $25.
Send them a email about, perhaps they can fix...

DocNrock said:
Black tuners
Black knobs
Black pickup rings
Black bridges and trems
Black strap knobs.

"Some" companies run into issues...not all.

DocNrock said:
Black tuners
Black knobs
Black pickup rings
Black bridges and trems
Black strap knobs.

My understanding there is a difference in black powder coating vs. black plating in terms of process and durability.  Different processes - different requirements.

DocNrock said:
So are these emblems imported from the EU?  Don't black Floyds/Schallers come from Germany?

It shouldn't be surprising.  The U.S. exports many things that aren't legal for sale here.  The rest of the world does it too.  A certain micro-fiber banned for use in children's PJs comes to mind.  Kids in Bangladesh wear the hell out 'em.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
DocNrock said:

It shouldn't be surprising.  The U.S. exports many things that aren't legal for sale here.  The rest of the world does it too.  A certain micro-fiber banned for use in children's PJs comes to mind.  Kids in Bangladesh wear the hell out 'em.

Cool, my wife is from Bangladesh. 

Gregg said:
We couldn't get black. Apparently there are environmental issues with black metal coatings keeping some companies from producing black parts.
You may could find out if they can do them in aluminum vs. whatever material they are at present. Aluminum can be anodized any color you want...

Back