Warmoth Jazz Bass arrived

toronado

Hi all,

well, time for my first post in here :)

finally, my parts for my first warmoth project arrived. I'm very pleased with the quality of the parts.
The neck is good to go, already finished in clear satin. (neck wood: birdseye maple with rosewood fingerboard, cream binding and pearloid blocks)
The body will be dyed blue and get an oil/wax finish and a white pearloid pickguard. (body wood: quilted maple on swamp ash)
Bridge is from gotoh, and for PU's I think I'll choose Seymour Duncan Basslines Vintage Stack.

Anyway, here are the pics, parts fresh from the box:

P1020399.jpg

P1020401.jpg

P1020365.jpg

P1020378.jpg

P1020367.jpg

P1020368.jpg

P1020380.jpg

:laughing7:

Looks good! Can't wait to see the end result.
Since you haven't gotten pickups yet, you might get some high recommendations for Nordstrands. :)

Awesome! Will be a nice bass... sad that it will have a pickguard, though...

Max said:
Since you haven't gotten pickups yet, you might get some high recommendations for Nordstrands. :)
Hehehehe
Haven't bought any yet, but having been talking with the guys for a while, they are very helpfull and nice! If their pickups are half as good as the reviews I read, will be the only other company that I buy beside Bare Knuckle...

Good product is good (and the limiter), but a nice service is just wondeful!

Very nice top!

I like that quartersawn quality.
Looking forward to seeing some blue stain on it.

James

Max said:
Looks good! Can't wait to see the end result.

Yeah, I read a lot of good things around here about Nordstrand. But they are hardly available here in europe (I'm in Germany) and quite pricy.
I think there are several (in the US) lesser known german/european PU makers that might be on par with Nordstrand - I'm thinking of Delano, Harry Häussel and such.
But on the other hand, you can't go wrong with Seymour Duncan. But I haven't finally decided yet what to take. I want a vintage sounding bass without
single coil noise.

NonsenseTele said:
Awesome! Will be a nice bass... sad that it will have a pickguard, though...

:) well, I want that vintage 70's look, so I gotta need one...

You could just have the control plate on there  :icon_thumright:
You won't get that vintage with blue dye anyways.

Max said:
You could just have the control plate on there  :icon_thumright:
You won't get that vintage with blue dye anyways.

lol, well then make that a vintage-hybrid or custom classic!  :icon_biggrin:
But a Jazz Bass with only the control plate on doesn't work out for me, look wise.

Back