Warmoth Jam #14

Here's my first attempt.  Dang, the red light goes on and I forget how to play the guitar...

Anyway, this is my black Charvel Strat into a Fender Mustang III with the factory "Blizzard" preset, straight into Garage Band via the amp's built-in USB interface.  I did a number of takes with Quty Pie and while I really like the sound of the guitar, I just wasn't hitting it at all, idea-wise.  So out came my trusty Strat, complete with totally jacked up action and all.  If it sounds like I'm fighting the guitar a little, I am.  This is probably the 35th take, and I faded it at the end because I hit about four clams in the last two bars and lost patience with doing it again. 

Solo track only:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f5aml6pzc66ikp9

Solo with backing:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sjdys165unpy7p2

Cool, I'm waiting on my guitar to be looked over but as soon as it's home I'll give this a go.

Pretty cool sound you found there Bagman!

Guitar home for the weekend but it's going back to the luthier tomorrow: the CTS pots were delayed but I needed something to play at rehearsal today. Looking forward to the finished jam so I won't sneak listen to anything else :)

Should we set a final date? Dec 12?

Cool solos Bagman67 & djf67.  :icon_thumright:

I'm going to post mine mid this week sometime.

No more solos???

What happened to all the people who were going to give it a shot?  :dontknow:

Not a problem - just bring whatever ya got.  Warmoth guitars ain't necessary.  We're all friends here.

I hereby move that we extend the deadline to 12/15 so maybe we can get a couple more soloists.

You cool with that, Doughboy?

Bagman

PS - nice solo!  Where can I see a photo of the guitar you played on it?

Bagman67 said:
I hereby move that we extend the deadline to 12/15 so maybe we can get a couple more soloists.

You cool with that, Doughboy?

Bagman

PS - nice solo!  Where can I see a photo of the guitar you played on it?

I'm all for extending it as long as we have to to get more solos in.

Here is a pic of the soloist.

I'm having trouble getting the time and opportunity to give this a serious go. Partly because I share the home office space with my girlfriend who is hard at work on two big essays and partly because we just got a puppy.

The biggest issue though is that I just don't feel very inspired by the track. I'll give it a few more tries but I may have to pass.

I can throw down a track late this coming weekend, but I have sworn off guitar for this week as it is finals for me at school. In fact, I gave my guitar to a friend for the week (I've had his for months, so . . .) I must say, I think I have him hooked on W.

I'm stuck too. My wife's in the middle of papers and finals and I haven't been able to get anywhere near the office/studio for a week or so. I've got a nice bit worked out, but just haven't had time to get to lay it down yet. I'll try to get it posted later this week.

Thanks for extending guys.

Done. Both files here (Mediafire sure like their Web 2.0 stuff, huh?): http://mediafire.com/?chw7eycbjady6cm,eb17py9xeiuddw9

I find this kind of backing track hard or impossible to do anything useful with, it's too monotonous. While of course this is down to personal taste I also ran out of patience with the length of it, it's too long! I guess my frustration shines through... just a bit.

Hagström Swede, bridge pickup wide open and mid filter on -> Pork Loin -> Liquid Sunshine -> Cool Cat -> Guitar Rig 4 with the Hiwatt Clean preset (sans compressor). Recorded and edited in Reaper.

Back