CIMG2541.jpg

CIMG2542.jpg

CIMG2543.jpg

CIMG2544.jpg

CIMG2545.jpg

FINALLY DONE!!!!

body:
solid body swamp ash
controls - 500k/concentric 500k/500k, mini toggle 2 way switch for tone cut for Model 1, 3 way toggle switch (series/single coil/parallel) for coil tap for X2N-7
dual outputs
Badass III bridge string thru body
black Schaller straplocks
tummy cut and forearm contour
finish - sunset orange

neck:
Canary p bass style neck w/ Canary fretboard
standard back contour (chunky as hell!)
21 frets
Stainless Steel 6115 frets
Hipshot ultra lights w/ hipshot D-Tuner
black block inlay
Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL string nut
raw neck (^_^)

electronics/hardware:
neck position - Dimarzio DP145 Will Power Model One
middle position - Dimarzio DP146 Will Power Model P
bridge position - Dimarzio X2N-7

to be right to the point, this bass is freaking ridiculous! I can get SO many different tones out of it. it obviously gets 3 classic tones right out of the box, EB-0, P-Bass, and a Musicman. but when I start blending pickups, it just goes insane. and when I utilize the dual outputs, it just goes OVER 9000 in terms of versatility! not to mention the innate tone of the bass. unplugged, the bass is loud, REALLY clear and pronounced. you can feel every note vibrate through the whole instrument. really neat, actually. this thing is alive! every note is articulate and really punchy. kinda like a MIA Jazz I picked up in GC the other day, but it's got a bit more character to it. I think it's because the neck. speaking of, the raw neck is ridiculously fast feeling and so chunky it actually feels like an old second gen Tele bass (the one with the neck humbucker). the fretwork is near freaking perfect, too. I'm really surprised at Warmoth's fit and finish. the local guitar shop gave it a good base setup and the strings are practically lying on the frets and there's no buzz. I'm eventually gonna get a fret leveling/redressing, but I'm gonna wait a few months and let the neck wear in and everything. but in short, this is the best bass I've ever played. I don't get why Warmoth gets the bad press I've read about it. I was worried that the bass would be "dead" and etc, etc, and it's simply not. it's the best feeling, sounding, and looking bass I've ever played, and it's ridiculously versatile, too. Warmoth is definitely gonna be taking care of my bass and guitar needs from now on. :glasses9:

HUGE thanks go to Eric Wylie at Warmoth. I've said it many times before, but I can't stress it enough: without him, this bass would not be possible! VERY big thanks go to him.

Line6Man was the person who fabbed up a wiring diagram for this. Without his help on this, I'm really not sure how this would have worked out.

Also, DangerousR6 was my photoshop pro. He was also instrumental to helping me pull this thing together. I requested a good number of different color combos before Sunset Orange was decided upon. a video previewing and explaining the bass will be done soon.

gig pics will come hopefully soon!

Absolutely insane, over the top, off the hook.....

I used the nag Spike in sales about some of the insane orders he helped customers with.  I think with this Jag bass I'm the new king of insane orders!  (Of course a certain amount of credit goes to Hachikid for coming up with it and building it.)

Billy S. would be proud.

Well congrats on the frankenBass  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:, and i mean that in an awesome way, cause it looks great, it must have so many applications for different music,
and not to mention youve saved yourself 2,000 or so dollars me thinks considering thats like three basses in one id say with how you describe it.
Love to hear that playing sometime in the future,
Congrats on the new Warmoth again  :icon_biggrin: :headbang1:

Max said:
Wyliee said:
Billy S. would be proud.
We could find out  :laughing7:

I kan meetz Mistur Sheehan? *insert lolcat photo here*

and Eric, you know something else is most likely gonna pop up around this time next year... ^_^

Jim, in my eyes, it's no frankenbass. it's purpose built to be this way. it started out as me wanting a Yamaha Attitude with a musicman pickup added in the bridge position. then I started hearing good things about Warmoth, and figured with Warmoth, I could get my own unique bass instead of a modding someone else's signature bass. this thing is never going to be sold, so resale value was meaningless to me. before I even knew it, I was changing my mind about details every other day and probably driving Eric insane in doing so. hehe.

I wasn't so sure on this bass from all the WIP stuff I saw, but I must admit - I was wrong! That's a great build right there

Sound clips!

all clips, except the first one, have the tone cut off and the tone knob at 100%. as far as how it's recorded, I went direct into AmpliTube 3 and bypassed all amps, cabs, and effects. this is the bass recorded direct. no coloration by the amps, cabs, "room" that it's recorded in, or special EQ'ing going on. just straight pickups being heard here. also, anytime I blend pickups, I always start with the pickup first in the title solo'd, then blend the second pickup in going halfway at first, then 100%.

Model 1 - solo'd with tone cut on and off

Model 1 and P-Pickup

P-Pickup solo'd

P-Pickup and X2N-7 (playing with the coil splitting)

X2N-7 (series, single coil, parallel)

X2N-7 and Model 1 (playing with the coil splitting, as well)

All 3

none of the links work :sad: but that bass is amazing! i've gotta say, i wasn't a believer in the color the first time you had out-of-the-box pictures. but this thing couldn't be cooler! i can't wait to hear it, too. congrats, man!

in the "All 3" clip when I butcher "A Farewell to Kings" by Rush about 4:27 in, is it just me, or am I getting pretty freaking close to Geddy's Rickenbacker tone from the album version?!?.....

This is pretty bad ass. I love that canary neck-want one. I think I need one of those d-tuners also, does it work well? Right on! :eek:ccasion14:

Back