Warmoth Hardtail Mustang

Akirkland93

Completed a Warmoth Hardtail Mustang with Fender Jaguar neck and a Toronado bridge.

TV Jones T Armonds pickups and Warmoth Yellow Tortoise shell pickguard

Sounds killer, should have gotten T Armonds a long time ago!

Attachments

• IMG_20220715_140447411.jpg
    IMG_20220715_140447411.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 109
That's purty fancy.  Nice work. I reckon you're the only kid on your block (or in your hemisphere) with one like that.

Thanks for sharing.

That's a cool Mustang.  Good job with the custom pickguard.

Have you tried a Mustang with the regular single coils?

I have not tried a mustang with traditional single coils at this point. I did buy a set of lace sensor golds and a cool pink pearl pickguard from greasygroove, but I picked the wrong profile cut on their website so it did not fit the body. Should have went with the "A" pattern and not the "D" . Maybe one day I will get a SS guard and put the lace sensors in with the out of phase switches. I did series wiring on the TV jones pickups and love the tones I am getting.

Akirkland93 said:
I have not tried a mustang with traditional single coils at this point. I did buy a set of lace sensor golds and a cool pink pearl pickguard from greasygroove, but I picked the wrong profile cut on their website so it did not fit the body. Should have went with the "A" pattern and not the "D" .

Thanks for the info.  Its incredible how much variation there is between those four pickguard versions A to D.  I have struggled with this in the past, and my solution was to redrill my MIM Mustang for the Warmoth pickguard specs.  Currently I have Seymour Duncan Firebird pickups in my mustang, but I'm about to embark on a pickup swap extravaganza.  First up will be Suhr V60LP bridge and Seymour Duncan SSL-2 neck.

Back