Warmoth Failure. Why I will never order from Warmoth again.

Syntheticocean said:
Where are you DMRACO?

I think I'm pulling a Dr Frankenstein out of my ass... We'll see in the coming weeks. Suppose I'll be making a new post in the 'work in progress' section soon.

Philadelphia.  I travel all the time and could even drop it off in Phoenix if you are willing to wait.  Save the postage.

Just watched a movie based in philly last night with the girlfriend(Silver Linings Playbook).

I'm uploading a video now for you guys. Maybe as a group we can save her!!!

Call me crazy, but I don't think that body is totally wrecked.  I knew a guy who's Strat did a similar thing.  The doorbell rang, he sat it down on the carpet leaning against the couch, and it split the same way starting at the strap button.  The bridge and neck were the only thing holding the 2 pieces together.  The pickguard even cracked down the middle.  He doweled and clamped it.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Call me crazy, but I don't think that body is totally wrecked.  I knew a guy who's Strat did a similar thing.  The doorbell rang, he sat it down on the carpet leaning against the couch, and it split the same way starting at the strap button.  The bridge and neck were the only thing holding the 2 pieces together.  The pickguard even cracked down the middle.  He doweled and clamped it.

I'm going to take it a step further. If I'm going to bring back the dead, I'm going to bring back the dead with a vengeance.

Split it.  Add some biscuits (2 or 3) and glue it back.

If you shot nitro you can hit it with a few coats with a little extra thinner.  You may only have a faint line where the split occurred.  A battle scar that you tell everyone how you saved her.  If it is a clean break you should be able to match then right up.

Use titebond glue

Then take the 50% warmoth is offering and build a new axe when you have the funds.

DMRACO said:
Syntheticocean said:
Where are you DMRACO?

I think I'm pulling a Dr Frankenstein out of my ass... We'll see in the coming weeks. Suppose I'll be making a new post in the 'work in progress' section soon.

Philadelphia.  I travel all the time and could even drop it off in Phoenix if you are willing to wait.  Save the postage.
(off topic)

philly. and now you tell me?! I was in Philly this january! would've loved to meet up, man! already met Eric Wylie and Hannaugh...

Orpheo said:
DMRACO said:
Syntheticocean said:
Where are you DMRACO?

(off topic)

philly. and now you tell me?! I was in Philly this january! would've loved to meet up, man! already met Eric Wylie and Hannaugh...

anytime.  Coming back again?

Do you think it could be heat/cold related?

See this thread: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4162.30

The swamp ash body with a 3 piece back developed a crack along one of the seam lines, but mysteriously "healed" itself after a couple of days. I never did figure out the root cause, but suspect it might have been due to leaving it outside to dry overnight on one of the hottest days of the summer, followed by a cool front that passed through. You still cannot see any appearance of the crack shown in that picture....

DMRACO said:
Orpheo said:
DMRACO said:
Syntheticocean said:
Where are you DMRACO?

(off topic)

Yes I think I will, right after winter Namm 2014. Met a smokin girl who works in the Philadelphia museum of arts and I can't stop banging myself for not having asked her name or other contact info.

Orpheo has taught us an important lesson: if you don't get a name or number, the only thing you're gonna be banging is yourself.

Day-mun said:
Sometimes that happens even if one gets a name and number  :icon_jokercolor:
used to be, especially when she would give you her elderly aunt's ph# :laughing7:

But I found once I got a cell phoe it was actually much easier, with the simple line:

"Lemme get your number. That way I'll just call real quick, and you'll have mine." :evil4:

Orpheo said:
Yes I think I will, right after winter Namm 2014. Met a smokin girl who works in the Philadelphia museum of arts and I can't stop banging myself for not having asked her name or other contact info.

To bad there is not a quote of the month  :)

Mayfly said:
Orpheo said:

To bad there is not a quote of the month  :)

mayfly...give me call.
And I hope you meet up with her.  I do not want to encounter and spontaneous banging when we meet.

jackthehack said:

The swamp ash body with a 3 piece back developed a crack along one of the seam lines, but mysteriously "healed" itself after a couple of days. I never did figure out the root cause, but suspect it might have been due to leaving it outside to dry overnight on one of the hottest days of the summer, followed by a cool front that passed through. You still cannot see any appearance of the crack shown in that picture....

I have a Warmoth neck with an ebony board, and it cracked not long after we moved to AZ.  7 years later, you can't even see where the crack line is.

TeleMark said:
jackthehack said:

I have a Warmoth neck with an ebony board, and it cracked not long after we moved to AZ.  7 years later, you can't even see where the crack line is.

Hey TeleMark,
Always nice to find another Warmoth Zoni...
Where in Arizona do you live???  Have a great holiday and don't forget to  :rock-on:

DMRACO said:
Orpheo said:
DMRACO said:
Syntheticocean said:
Where are you DMRACO?

(off topic)

sorry man I won't be able to make it to Philadelphia in '14. The schedule is a bit different and now my lay-over will be in NY or Washington DC. I also wanna go to Seattle to meet (the family of) a dear friend of mine. and I only have so many days off :( wished I could, though.

Black Dog said:
TeleMark said:
jackthehack said:

Hey TeleMark,
Always nice to find another Warmoth Zoni...
Where in Arizona do you live???  Have a great holiday and don't forget to  :rock-on:

PRC.

Spent yesterday and today at the Northern AZ tattoo fest.  Got a memorial tat for the 19 hotshots we lost, as well as a zombie guitarist rising from the grave.  Sorta signifies my guitar playing!

Back