Warmoth Dual Humbucker Stratocaster

ABlackOrchid

Here are a couple of pictures of my new, just finished, Warmoth Dual Humbucker Stratocaster.

The details:
Warmoth Dual Humbucker Stratocaster  (2008)
Body:  One piece Swamp Ash.
Neck:   Birds Eye Maple with an Ebony fretboard.
Pickups:  TV Jones - bridge PowerTron Plus and neck PowerTron.
3 way switching. 

This is my 3rd Warmoth build. 

Allen Black
Virginia 

WarmothDualHumbuckerStrat-WholeFront.jpg

WarmothDualHumbuckerStrat-FrontView.jpg

Sweet! Original and cool. Why the heck did you do choose a one-piece body under a solid finish though?

Whoa, thats unique looking. I'm not really sure I like it, but hell, thats a unique look. You know what, it reminds me of the guitar somebody on here just built and gave to his dad for his birthday!

Did you encounter any problems fitting the TV Jones pickups in the routs done by Warmoth?

I read in another forum a while ago, that a person had problems fitting in a TV Jones pickup, it was quite a tall pickup and the rout wasn't deep enough. This was on a  Fender Tele body though, not a Warmoth body.

OzziePete:

The TV Jones PowerTrons fit fine in the body.  The body has "swimming pool" rout so there is lots of space. 

I did have to re-rout the pickguard.  The pickups were to large for the pickguard humbucker holes.

Allen

ABlackOrchid said:
Here are a couple of pictures of my new, just finished, Warmoth Dual Humbucker Stratocaster.

The details:
Warmoth Dual Humbucker Stratocaster  (2008)
Body:  One piece Swamp Ash.
Neck:  Birds Eye Maple with an Ebony fretboard.
Pickups:  TV Jones - bridge PowerTron Plus and neck PowerTron.
3 way switching. 

This is my 3rd Warmoth build. 

Allen Black
Virginia 

WarmothDualHumbuckerStrat-WholeFront.jpg

WarmothDualHumbuckerStrat-FrontView.jpg

What's that finish called ? Is it only available through showcase or as a regular finish option as well ? Love it ! Would probably get a matching headstock though...

ABlackOrchid said:
Vegababy:

The color is called "Artic Burst".

Thanks,
Allen

Thanks, Allen ! I had found one in the showcase under Metallic Arctic Burst, but yours looks nicer  :icon_thumright:.

Couldn't find that color under the paint section though. Not under 'burst' or 'metallic'. If I'd go for that color I'd definitely go rear routed, no scratchplate and matching headstock...

Does anyone know if it's not available in the paint section but showcase, if it could still be ordered or is that an expensive custom option then ?

Back