Warmoth Double Neck

long-drink-screwdriver.jpg

Other than not really having a need for one, the biggest deal-breaker for me is there's no factory option for matching pegheads.  The best you can do is get a paddle for the 6 and cut it to match the 12 shape yourself.

Pelagaard said:
Other than not really having a need for one, the biggest deal-breaker for me is there's no factory option for matching pegheads.  The best you can do is get a paddle for the 6 and cut it to match the 12 shape yourself.
Not necessarily, you could do like I did in this mock up and cut the 12 to match the Warmoth... :dontknow:
2360637544_4bbb7423f4.jpg

Jumble Jumble said:
I want one where the necks join up again at the end and all the tuners are on one big peghead.
kinda like some of the Jackson custom shop d'oh le necks... :dontknow:

Hmmm...  I wonder if the lower half of the double tele body has enough room to accommodate a bass setup?  Anyone know if the Warmoth Tele and Telebastard bodies are roughly the same size?

Doublenecks have always to me embodied the concept of "rock star excess".  Ever see an earnest singer songwriter play a doubleneck?  Or any musician in any genre of music other than prog or hair metal?*  Even the most understated, tastefuly finished doubleneck is still the equivalent of leather pants. 

Not that I'd ever have the money or a reason to do so, but I think it would be fun to put together a 20 string doubleneck: 12 string guitar, 8 string bass.  Y'know, just to turn the ridiculous excess up to 11.  :headbang1:

Speaking of 'up to 11'..... I would consider it mandatory to play "Big Bottom" as soon as it was strung up.  :icon_jokercolor:

* - I'm totally curious if there are any exceptions, btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-neck_guitar#Notable_double_neck_guitar_users

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2010/Jan/Those_Daring_Young_Men_and_Their_Doubleneck_Guitars_A_Brief_History_of_Multi_Neck_Players.aspx

And Don Felder when he was with The Eagles, a lesser known 'Hair/Metal' band from the 80's...

Here's the only doubleneck I have at the moment, it's a Kreamer 6 a/e on top and 6 solid on bottom. But one day I will build one, probably like the double tele I posted. I love that, Guild made one a few years back called the Crossroads, but they are super hard to find..
2483429823_a1b37a2ab7_z.jpg

I suppose I stand sorta corrected  - had I included RAWK, that would have [almost] covered it.  That list, though… mostly hair metal or progrock dudes (yes, that includes Eddie).  :glasses10:  Still, I remembered Junior Brown... who is concentrated awesome sauce, and definitely nowhere near the above mentioned genres.

Corey P. said:

Ah Big Wreck... haven't heard those guys in a long time...time to dig up a copy of "In Loving Memory Of"  :icon_biggrin:

Back