Parts:
Original Floyd Rose trem.
Grover tuners
GFS Hennesy style strap locks
Volume, tone, maybe a spin-a-split and 3 way toggle
Electro socket Jack
Chrome humbucker rings
Seymour Duncan Dimebag pickups

Applied JE Mosers peacock blue dye first, then sanded down lightly with 320, then mixed a strong ebony with a touch of the blue and covered the entire body, sanded the top down some and added the blue in top. If it's sunny tomorrow I will apply the Solarez grain sealer and if time permits I'll be finishing it off with the Solarez poly gloss. Can't wait until this is done but I will take my sweet time so I don't screw up.

The neck will just get the simple coat of boiled linseed oil after sanding up to 2000.

72e0f0197075b13b64ba37a5ea69f7fc_zpsdyvbxy9z.jpg

5facf230e9735456632d9b7662eef8c9_zpspgjikbfw.jpg

eef0231acfee72f665fb0dc764a7aa4f_zpstvrdbljr.jpg

c695b6bd4d0b042f1bd6af29802a56a1_zpsq54tflq9.jpg

Love the body shape and the colour. That last picture is what I reckon a tiger would look like if it had dark green and black stripes. Awesome flame maple top. Looking forward to this project.

Thanks guys,
Just routed the extension for the D-Tuna, unfortunately no sun today so it will have to wait a few days before I get that top coat on.

Just a quick update on the Z. My inexperience with finishing lead the top very uneven, so when time allows I will strip off that top coat and try again, with more practice this time, or have it finished by someone. I did manage to put the whole thing together, she does sound pretty damn awesome. I'll get a video going soon before I send her off to get refinished.

Missed this one first time around. That's a beautiful color / treatment.

What do you mean the top was uneven? :icon_scratch: Got any pics?

Pity to have it all put together and sounding great, then have to send it off for refinishing! :sad1:

I have to say, the pix you've shared so far show a really unique and original, head-turning finish. I'm dying to see it with a spit shine. What is it that you don't like about it?

Overall it just needs to be level sanded, but I sanded through the top coat and after a couple more applications and trial and more error I just said screw it and just shell out the cash to have someone finish the guitar for me. Hell I have an original floyd rose on it and even routed out the little channel for the D-Tuna, I might as well spend the cash to make it look good.

Here's a video of my first recording, special guest appearance from my new kitty Pickles. Excuse the sorry ass tapping, I haven't done that stuff in over a decade.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTgBjodcdtM

Back