Wanted to Buy - Original Floyd Rose in Black

Cagey

Mythical Status
Anybody have an Original Floyd Rose in black that's sitting around just rotting that they'd rather sell? I need one, and I don't want to spend the $13,291 a new one costs. I don't care about the neck-ruining nut, as I won't be using that part of the system.

No, I just happen to have a VIP body that needs one.

But, I've decided not to pursue it. I already have a couple VIPs, and as you know I'm not enamoured with the Floyd design.

So, the VIP's gonna go on the auction block. I'll take what I get from that to reimburse myself for hookers and booze Tele parts.

Cagey said:
No, I just happen to have a VIP body that needs one.

But, I've decided not to pursue it. I already have a couple VIPs, and as you know I'm not enamoured with the Floyd design.

So, the VIP's gonna go on the auction block. I'll take what I get from that to reimburse myself for hookers and booze Tele parts.

:sad:

Well, in that case, you ought to do what Apriori.Mark does. Find a metal head with a crack addiction, and offer him $100 for his Floyd-equipped guitar, take the Floyd off of it and resell the rest the next day at for twice what you paid.

I know that trick. Grew up in Detroit. Only, back when I was a grasshopper it wasn't crack, it was heroin. Also, the pawn shops were prime hunting grounds because the addicts didn't have time to wait to sell things, they had to move them RFN. Since there was no internet back then, most of the guys on both sides of the deal didn't know what they had. So, you never knew when you were going to find a Les Paul for $125 or a Strat for even less. But, they weren't as common back then as they are now. Today, everybody and their brother has a "Authentic '62 Strat" for sale. Back in '62, there weren't that many of them. Somebody must own a machine that takes them to an alternate universe where they can stock up on "rare" guitars <grin>

AutoBat said:
I look forward to seeing pics of this VIP.

If I get ambitious later, I'll put some up. But, I've already stashed the thing for the moment, so it'll be a bit before I drag it out for a photo session.

line6man said:
Well, in that case, you ought to do what Apriori.Mark does. Find a metal head with a crack addiction, and offer him $100 for his Floyd-equipped guitar, take the Floyd off of it and resell the rest the next day at for twice what you paid.

My victims are usually college kids or spurned ex's.  I do get ridiculous deals spending 25 or 40 bucks on a Squier with a skb molded or hard case (lol), then reselling the guitar for 60-80 the same day... or selling the neck for 40 and the body for 50.  Free case and a small profit for an hour's work.

I've also picked up some legit guitars for super cheap.  I just scored an '06 LP studio sans pickups and hardware for 150.  It needs a refinish, but hey.  I've also scored Sennheiser wireless units for cheap (40 and 60... retail around 500+), nice speakers, pickups, etc... There are some deal I've made that were so good that none of you would believe if I told you.  60s pbass because a kid "liked his new LTD bass better and wanted to go drinking."  Yeah.

I have a method to my madness. 

-Mark

p.s. derail over~

AprioriMark said:
line6man said:

My victims are usually college kids or spurned ex's.  I do get ridiculous deals spending 25 or 40 bucks on a Squier with a skb molded or hard case (lol), then reselling the guitar for 60-80 the same day... or selling the neck for 40 and the body for 50.  Free case and a small profit for an hour's work.

I've also picked up some legit guitars for super cheap.  I just scored an '06 LP studio sans pickups and hardware for 150.  It needs a refinish, but hey.  I've also scored Sennheiser wireless units for cheap (40 and 60... retail around 500+), nice speakers, pickups, etc... There are some deal I've made that were so good that none of you would believe if I told you.  60s pbass because a kid "liked his new LTD bass better and wanted to go drinking."  Yeah.

I have a method to my madness. 

-Mark

p.s. derail over~

60s pbass.... LTD better..... what? My mind has been blown to shit.

Cagey, I'll give you $20 for it.  :icon_biggrin:

Is that the VIP that I wanted to buy a few months back but was too late....
Don't remember if it had a Floyd or not...

If yes I'm still interested. Depending on price

I don't think so. This one is black gloss on a chambered Maple over Mahogany body - it's pretty light. Rear-routed, two humbucker cavities, recessed OFR bridge mount w/ studs installed. They run a little over $700 new, I'd be happy if I could get $250 for it.

AprioriMark said:
There are some deal I've made that were so good that none of you would believe if I told you.  60s pbass because a kid "liked his new LTD bass better and wanted to go drinking."  Yeah.

I bet that booze was totally worth it!

Tipperman said:
60s pbass.... LTD better..... what? My mind has been blown to shite.

Cagey, I'll give you $20 for it.  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, the kid sold me the bass his uncle had given him for 50 bucks.  It was a 60s P which I sold to a friend at a health (but not ridiculous) profit.  I even tried to point out that it was a far superior bass to his korean made, plastic coated POS.  He essentially told me I was nuts.  Whatever, I can't make a college kid not be retarded. 

-Mark

Cagey said:
I don't think so. This one is black gloss on a chambered Maple over Mahogany body - it's pretty light. Rear-routed, two humbucker cavities, recessed OFR bridge mount w/ studs installed. They run a little over $700 new, I'd be happy if I could get $250 for it.

Was worth a try. :) Pics?

Here 'tis...

IMG_1274_Sm.JPG

IMG_1275_Sm.JPG

IMG_1279_Sm.JPG

As you can see, it's in very good condition. The only flaws seem to be where the strap button hole was drilled in the upper horn. You can see it in the second picture above. Nothing wrong with the hole, it's rotated just off the tip more than I'd have done it.

Also, on the back you can see around the control cavity cover where the buffer was a tad ambitious. Nothing serious, and it doesn't really show up in the picture, but you can see it in real life.

Obviously, it's been assembled before - witness the aforementioned straplock holes and the holes are already there for the pickup rings.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't need the part now. I sold that body and built a Tele instead.

Back