Want to see a couple of prototypes?

simple

Staff member
Thinline style chambers inside!
VIP1-1.jpg

VIP2-1.jpg

Nice! I think I see what my next build idea could include (if these first two work out!).

I dig that hole chambered body, f-hole design/look.

-erik

NonsenseTele said:
Can't see the pics on work  :-\

Be Prepared to be Excited Fernando!! I know I am!
It's a single and a double f-holed VIP!  and it looks really sexy!
Thanks for sharing Gregg!

VERY nice! You've given me a touch of GAS the day after my own VIP arrived!! Curses!

Of course, now you've got to answer the question: If you can do F-holes on a VIP, why don't you make a 335-shaped model?

Marko said:
NonsenseTele said:
Can't see the pics on work  :-\

Be Prepared to be Excited Fernando!! I know I am!
It's a single and a double f-holed VIP!  and it looks really sexy!
Thanks for sharing Gregg!

Thanks!
Seems the guys here are going to get mad! :D

Nice.  You have my attention.  I see a project for myself here...  I'm wondering out loud "how much these gonna cost?"...

Gonna roll these out?   Info info more info!

That would make the Trey Anastaio fans among us part with our money.  Like me...  I wanna part with my money over one of those in mahogany...  Dude...

You know, I never really was much interested in a VIP...

... until NOW!

Thanks Greg.  Thanks for nuthin.

oh yea -  :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah I'm with mayfly, suddenly I'm interested in this body type.  Now if you can put an f-hole on an LP you're really in business..

Vol. Knob said:
Nice.  You have my attention.  I see a project for myself here...  I'm wondering out loud "how much these gonna cost?"...

Gonna roll these out?   Info info more info!

That would make the Trey Anastaio fans among us part with our money.  Like me...  I wanna part with my money over one of those in mahogany...  Dude...
Glad you like 'em!

Just need to make sure these make it through paint ok without the f-hole getting snagged on the buffing wheel.  I don't think this will be a problem, though.

Point of interest - you can't see it in the pictures, but these bodies still have tummy contours.  The bottom of the bass-side chamber is 3D carved to match the contour, so you don't give up any comfort to get the f-holes.

bwbass said:
Point of interest - you can't see it in the pictures, but these bodies still have tummy contours.  The bottom of the bass-side chamber is 3D carved to match the contour, so you don't give up any comfort to get the f-holes.

This is a very interesting thing! Congrats, that's awesome!

Back