Waiter...there's a woma in my Warmoth...

Updown said:
Greg I know every one keeps saying .... 'Keep it up, great work'
But can ya slow down a little .... I'm struggling to keep up with your builds.  :icon_biggrin:

Great work  :headbang:  .... That snake is just WOW !!

Did you do the snake showing though on the back side ?  :toothy10:
(That would look cool)

NO don't add a bloody boomerang  :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC61-umSBhA&feature=fvwp&NR=1
Then maybe a didgeridoo.... :dontknow:

Great Ape said:
They've been around in the same form for millions of years, so SOMETHING'S workin' foe 'em. Most people don't even KNOW exactly why they hate/fear snakes...

Yeah, I know. It may be instinctive or something. I know if you play tarantula with your hand (like "Thing" from the Adams Family), you can get a pretty good rise out of any cat. What's up with that?

afthing1.jpg

Just walk around with your hand like that on the floor, and you can freak them out. And this isn't just one oddball cat that's bonked in the head - I've been doing it for years.

Cagey said:
I've never understood the fear of snakes. They don't even have hands or feet, so they're mobility-challenged. Can't carry or manipulate anything. They're basically just hungry ropes with no innate knot knowledge. They have tiny mouths, and outside of Australia there aren't that many that are fatally poisonous. Even rodents can kick their asses in a fair fight. I understand that constrictors can squeeze a rabbit to death, but a human? It's not like they carry guns and handcuffs. We've got fingers with opposable thumbs, which are arguably some of the best weapons extant. I think it's a minor miracle that they've existed as long as they have.

I remember back when I was in grade school one of my friends' uncle worked at the zoo in the reptile house. He also had snakes at home, including one rather large python. One day he had the python out and I guess that snake decided he had to go back to nature, constricted around the guy's neck and killed him. So much for opposable thumbs.
MULLY
I'm not really afraid of snakes though. Now, spiders, that's a whole different story...... :tard:

mullyman said:
Cagey said:
I've never understood the fear of snakes. They don't even have hands or feet, so they're mobility-challenged. Can't carry or manipulate anything. They're basically just hungry ropes with no innate knot knowledge. They have tiny mouths, and outside of Australia there aren't that many that are fatally poisonous. Even rodents can kick their asses in a fair fight. I understand that constrictors can squeeze a rabbit to death, but a human? It's not like they carry guns and handcuffs. We've got fingers with opposable thumbs, which are arguably some of the best weapons extant. I think it's a minor miracle that they've existed as long as they have.

I remember back when I was in grade school one of my friends' uncle worked at the zoo in the reptile house. He also had snakes at home, including one rather large python. One day he had the python out and I guess that snake decided he had to go back to nature, constricted around the guy's neck and killed him. So much for opposable thumbs.
MULLY
I'm not really afraid of snakes though. Now, spiders, that's a whole different story...... :tard:
Ditto, snakes don't phase me one bit, but as you say...spiders freak me out, I guarantee you that they are not of this earth. A creature with 8 legs and 8 eyes most definitely hitched a ride on an asteroid or something. They've got to be alien...
MSNHeaven-Com(Alien)001.gif

mullyman said:
MULLY

It's too bad your friend lost an uncle, but it sounds like he was out of his league. A freakin' reptile got the best of him? I wonder how he dealt with something as intelligent, talented and well-equipped as a Girl Scout?

You can twist their little heads off or at least break their necks. You can jamb your thumbs into their brains, you can poke their eyes until they decide they're too uncomfortable and let go, you can rip their guts out, on and on.

And that's just Girl Scouts. Don't worry - it's not a waste. They make cookies out of them.

This is one reason why it's good to teach kids to hunt, fish and use tools. You gotta get next to the idea that hot or cold exposed guts aren't a Bad Thing, unless they're your own. Blood and bile and intestines won't hurt you. Malicious intentions will. You gotta be willing to stab your fingers into soft parts and rip, find nerve centers and cause pain, or latch onto skeletal structures and break them.

Or, you could just die. Whatever's best for you <grin>

DangerousR6 said:
...snakes don't phase me one bit, but as you say...spiders freak me out, I guarantee you that they are not of this earth. A creature with 8 legs and 8 eyes most definitely hitched a ride on an asteroid or something. They've got to be alien...

I had a real problem with spiders for a long time until I bashed my head in. Somehow, amongst the many memories that got tossed in that accident, I lost whatever childhood trauma caused that fear in the first place, and they don't bother me any more.

I still don't have any tolerance for them. I tell them all each spring in my "State of the House" address that they're not allowed inside on fear of death, but they don't listen. So, I have to kill the transgressors.

Doesn't bother me, because that's the way I roll. I nailed a big hairy bastard the other night down in the basement. One of those sneaky brown bastards that don't even bother making webs because they have built-in transporter beams that allow them to move instantly from one place to another without all that bothersome walking. Lets 'em kill their prey by landing on its back and biting it, rather than trapping it. Neat trick, but not in my house.

Someday, they'll learn.

Afraid of snakes or spiders Ha Ha Ha ….. you guys watch to many movies.  :doh:

Oneday while digging / making a garden bed, for a customer of mine.
Which ended up being where the previous owner had dumped old broken bricks / bottles and god knows what else.
I found 22 Funnel Web spiders, in the one day …. yep they can hurt ya. 
They are real easy to identify as they are Black as the ace of spades. And mean looking !!
Wasn't gunna kill them !!
Best to catch them, Anti-venom for there bites (which can be deadly) is taken from them.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-02/anti-venom-shortage-sparks-call-to-catch-deadly-spider/4239024
So I collected each one into separate jars. (best that way)
Was to late to drop them off at my local Hospital (for collection from there)
So took them home and had them lined up in my bedroom over night.  :icon_biggrin:  That sure gets rid of any fear. 
Next day took them to the local hospital and the young girl on reception …
… crapped herself.  :laughing7:

Have collected many others over the years.
Had one rearing up and about to chomp down onto my foot, missed by that much. Caught her too.  :icon_thumright:
Found many in swimming pools, they trick ya into thinking they are dead ...... Nope.

Back on topic.
Since I too am running out of things to say and can't use swear words. (in the good way)
I'll go with just WOWZA  :eek:

Love your work too Greg  :headbang:  You truly have TALENT sir.

mullyman said:
One day he had the python out and I guess that snake decided he had to go back to nature, constricted around the guy's neck and killed him.

That must been more of an accident than a actual murder attempt from the snake. Constrictors will wrap around the chest case of it's victim. And every time the victim exhales the snake will constrict more limiting the lungs and the victim will die of "anoxia" I think it is called in English - lack of oxygen. 

SustainerPlayer said:
mullyman said:
One day he had the python out and I guess that snake decided he had to go back to nature, constricted around the guy's neck and killed him.

That must been more of an accident than a actual murder attempt from the snake. Constrictors will wrap around the chest case of it's victim. And every time the victim exhales the snake will constrict more limiting the lungs and the victim will die of "anoxia" I think it is called in English - lack of oxygen. 
Umm...with girl scouts I think it's called anorexia :icon_biggrin:...I also suspect that Cagey Got into some leftover brown acid from Woodstock--Great scouting rant, man, and how have you kept that hand of yours from decomposing entirely all these years?  :toothy12:

Cagey said:

It's not that I am afraid of them, but the thing is, I lived for 26 years in a country with absolutely no poisonous or dangerous animals, and 7 years on an island with no snakes (thank you st paddy!), but now I live in Texas and can't let my kids play in the grass or near the streams because there are all kinds of Water moccasins or rattle snakes..
if you are not raised with that, it is just hard to get used to that thought.

Given a choice, I'd rather not be bitten by a water moccasin, rattle snake or any other kind of viper. But, they're not nearly as dangerous as Hollywood depicts them and are fairly easy to avoid. Both will warn you well before they strike, although even that is often unnecessary. They'd much rather get out of your way first.

And the Woma is Weady; Body: flamed maple on swamp ash
                                      Neck: flamed maple, rswd fngrbrd, 6150's
                                      Duncan 'Seth Lover' p-ups
                                      Gotoh vintage-type bridge & tuners (because they're light, I've used 'em for many years, an' I like 'em!) 
P3120246_zps51e2e1d3.jpg
P3120247_zps688bf0a1.jpg
P3120248_zpsde54f95c.jpg
P3130249_zps378972d0.jpg
P3130250_zps56e79c57.jpg

Thank you kindly--most gratifying coming from three heavyweights of the forum...

(You F'ing win AGAIN, Doug!)
DangerousR6 said:
:headbang1:....It's a SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSStrat... :laughing11:

Certainly not a heavyweith on the board, but I had to chime in my two-cents worth:

1-Wow! Another fabulous work of art. Great job and I still think you should have a showing in a museum or gallery.

2-Ireland never had poisonous reptiles of any kind. St. Patrick had nuthin' to do with it, they just never evolved there.

3-It's my opinion that a fear of snakes in particular is an evolutionary holdover from a time when we were little mammals, swinging through the trees and snakes were a huge danger, especially to the little ones.

4-That is one fantastic guitar and I hope everyone who sees it offers you scads of money to take it off your hands. So, what's next?

Back