Vox Night Train?

R

Rouse

Does anyone know anything about this amp? From the few sound demos I've seen, I say it sounds great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxL04_EKUdI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5Nrkv7l8s
It looks like a Tiny Terror but better.

Im suprised there arnt more people interested in this thing here given that erveryone was gushing over the blackheart. :icon_scratch:

Brian

Looks cool... Of course the TT is like 5W, so this is more like the 15W Blackheart, isn't it?

no - the TT is 15 watts - - you're probably think of the Little Giant. Tiny, Little, Giant, Terror, it's all the same  :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
no - the TT is 15 watts - - you're probably think of the Little Giant. Tiny, Little, Giant, Terror, it's all the same  :laughing7:

Ah, right.  So many tiny amps  :tard:

There are lots more options than there were just a couple years ago. Blackstar ht-5, egnater rebel 20, lots of innovative little tube amps. Vox has a little 4-watt guy too.

What, is there some reverse trend of seeing how small a watt amp they can make...Fuk that, I want more power,,,,
[youtube=425,350]SY7mvH8wFdE&feature=related[/youtube]

DangerousR6 said:
What, is there some reverse trend of seeing how small a watt amp they can make...Fuk that, I want more power,,,,

F*CK THAT Doug.  He can't even play the damn thing louder than 1 because he'd blow out everyone's ears.  In fact that thing is pretty god damn dangerous... I'm pretty sure that amp is only legal since the assault weapons ban expired.  :icon_biggrin:

That thing does look amazing!

lg_NT15H_V112NT_front34.jpg

DangerousR6 said:

"I used to have hair before this"  :toothy12:

The Vox is beautiful...

dbw said:
DangerousR6 said:

F*CK THAT Doug.  He can't even play the damn thing louder than 1 because he'd blow out everyone's ears.  In fact that thing is pretty god damn dangerous... I'm pretty sure that amp is only legal since the assault weapons ban expired.   :icon_biggrin:
:laughing7:

How would it be to use the Night Train as amp and plug in my `65 Twin speakers when I`m playing at home? Cause the Twin is soooo loud in a small appartment  :)

Wana,

probably doesnt need to be. 30 watts isnt much louder than 15. wont make much diff unless you are playing in a band that is loud enough for ear pluggs. Im sure you could plug this into a 4x12 and hang with any other half stack.

Brian

Indeed, to double the volume you'd need a 150 watt amplifier (I think 10x power = 2x volume) but of course that assumes the speakers are the same efficiency and all sorts of other variables.

The main advantage of more power is really more headroom before the amp distorts.

so in terms with the scale of wattage/power etc etc..

i run a H&K switchblade (50w) combo, and also at the same time a blackstar HT5 (5w) combo. the blackstar sits at volume 10, while the H&K sits at 2.  :icon_scratch:

i run them both through an avatar 2x12 v30 cab (with splitter jacks so one speaker is run by one amp, you get the idea im sure).

the H&K is definitely HUGELY louder than the blackstar, even through the v30s, which are the same speaker. interesting. i can't really work it out  :icon_scratch:

at least it sounds awesome  :headbang:

Another thing to remember is that amp volume controls and human hearing are logarithmic not linear, that just further complicates matters. :laughing7:

Hey, RITF, have you told us about the blackstar yet? I can't remember. That's on my list of little amps to check out this summer. IIRC, you play lots of metal and stuff - is it mostly good for high gain only?

Back