VOTE HERE! October 2021 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the October 2021 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting ends 7 days from the date of this post.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

Yup, vague nonrevelatory clue about vote usually goes here.

All amazing build with a high degree of taste and restraint.  One of the harder choices to make.  Congrats to all.

Well the choice was difficult as I wasn’t able to finish mine in time LOL.  Best wishes to all. My vote is in.

I voted for Tuxedo, even though it really isn't my taste, I appreciated the fact that it had such a clear objective: Shiny, sparkly bling pizazz. It totally works.
If I ever have a chance to go to space, I would want that guitar with me.

I voted for a winner! That hasn't happened in a while.... Congratulations! An offset offset, who could resist!

Congrats Tuxedo and kudos for the effort and creativity!

As always (literally), my vote didn't win (not even close). I'm starting to accept that my taste stands in stark contrast to the average taste of this forum  :icon_tongue:

alexreinhold said:
Congrats Tuxedo and kudos for the effort and creativity!

As always (literally), my vote didn't win (not even close). I'm starting to accept that my taste stands in stark contrast to the average taste of this forum  :icon_tongue:

I have in the past voted for your entry and I think the tastes of the forum collective have varied at times over the years, and there seems to be no predicting the results.

My vote and entry also did not win. Had I not entered this month I would have not voted for Tuxedo's entry either as it is not my cup of tea and more voted for other entries overall. 

Over the years I have noticed comments along the lines of that it is only more established members that win - not true even this month at the time of winning Tuxedo has a post count of 3 and other various ideas have been proposed.

Another "strategy" is not posting pics of an in progress build so it enters GOM with an element of surprise which does not work either. Although there are past GOM winners with single figure post counts and the GOM entry is the first and last we see of the guitar or member, but that also applies to similar new members who have not won.

I think the only reliable winning strategy is to build a guitar that you like and entering GOM is just a bit of fun and does not mean an awful lot in the end.

Interestingly, I also voted for you this time. So our tastes do seem to be aligned - classic with some geeky tweaks :)

stratamania said:
I think the only reliable winning strategy is to build a guitar that you like and entering GOM is just a bit of fun and does not mean an awful lot in the end.

100%. I guess every build has it's baseline beauty given the amount of care, attention to detail and love it receives from its builder throughout the process. Outside of that baseline, it comes down to nothing but taste. Some people like extravagant (e.g. this month), some like anything with a wood finish, some like anything with a complex burst finish, some like anything Superstrat, etc.

Spot on Alex very difficult to predict however you look at it. And thanks for voting for my entry this month and of course thanks to the others who did so... :icon_thumright:

Congrats Tuxedo, a beautiful guitar that fully deserves the top spot! Lots of great entries. I really appreciate getting so many votes, that is very gratifying to see people like my style!

Back