VOTE HERE! October 2021 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the October 2021 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
stratamania said:
alexreinhold said:
As always (literally), my vote didn't win (not even close). I'm starting to accept that my taste stands in stark contrast to the average taste of this forum  :icon_tongue:

I have in the past voted for your entry and I think the tastes of the forum collective have varied at times over the years, and there seems to be no predicting the results.

My vote and entry also did not win. Had I not entered this month I would have not voted for Tuxedo's entry either as it is not my cup of tea and more voted for other entries overall. 

I find that each moth poses a challenge for me. Sometimes there is a guitar that so very much suits my personal tastes, and it is the guitar I would grab first if it was on the wall.

Other times -- like this month--the guitar I voted for is NOT my personal taste at all really, but has a really different edge to it and was very well conceived. I really couldn't imagine owning it, but I love how it went for a very different vibe and tripled down on it.

The other thing is, there were a couple entries that were totally more to my taste (including one that was similar to  build I did), but they sort of cancelled each other out.

Seamas said:
stratamania said:
alexreinhold said:
As always (literally), my vote didn't win (not even close). I'm starting to accept that my taste stands in stark contrast to the average taste of this forum  :icon_tongue:

I have in the past voted for your entry and I think the tastes of the forum collective have varied at times over the years, and there seems to be no predicting the results.

My vote and entry also did not win. Had I not entered this month I would have not voted for Tuxedo's entry either as it is not my cup of tea and more voted for other entries overall. 

I find that each moth poses a challenge for me. Sometimes there is a guitar that so very much suits my personal tastes, and it is the guitar I would grab first if it was on the wall.

Other times -- like this month--the guitar I voted for is NOT my personal taste at all really, but has a really different edge to it and was very well conceived. I really couldn't imagine owning it, but I love how it went for a very different vibe and tripled down on it.

The other thing is, there were a couple entries that were totally more to my taste (including one that was similar to  build I did), but they sort of cancelled each other out.

Which in a way confirms what I was saying, there is no prediction as each individual voting will use subjective criteria to make a final choice in addition to personal preference.

stratamania said:
Seamas said:
stratamania said:
alexreinhold said:

I find that each month poses a challenge for me. Sometimes there is a guitar that so very much suits my personal tastes, and it is the guitar I would grab first if it was on the wall.

Which in a way confirms what I was saying, there is no prediction as each individual voting will use subjective criteria to make a final choice in addition to personal preference.

Oh yeah.

Sometimes it is a matter of something as odd as 5-6 Telecasters and one Strat in the competition. The Telecasters just might be battling for a certain number of votes --especially in a couple of them are similar, and the Strat---or non-Tele just might have an edge for standing out.

Overall, one aspect is pretty rough--there are almost always a competition between very stellar guitars.

Seamas said:
stratamania said:
Seamas said:
stratamania said:
alexreinhold said:

I find that each month poses a challenge for me. Sometimes there is a guitar that so very much suits my personal tastes, and it is the guitar I would grab first if it was on the wall.

Oh yeah.

Sometimes it is a matter of something as odd as 5-6 Telecasters and one Strat in the competition. The Telecasters just might be battling for a certain number of votes --especially in a couple of them are similar, and the Strat---or non-Tele just might have an edge for standing out.

Overall, one aspect is pretty rough--there are almost always a competition between very stellar guitars.

Indeed. Sometimes I find myself eliminating first and then narrowing down but some months I have wanted to vote for two or three. Other months I find it straightforward and one leaps out for various reasons but other members have commented they are having difficulty making a final choice.

Back