VOTE HERE! November 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the November 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geekydad said:
Man, not only do I feel bad for voting for myself this time around, but now I can't even win least popular guitar of the month  :icon_tongue:

Hahahahahaha!  Neener neener!

AutoBat said:
Congrats Pete.  I see you got a real corner banner already. If you want me to kafibble up another for you I can. I'm probably not changing my template from the lined one. I see it's all grey and smooth now!
Thanks AutoBat. I grabbed the official unofficial one and cobbled together a 3 way (!) as you can see. Doesn't match the way one of yours would, but I guess it'll do!

BlueTalon said:
Congrats Pete!  Your guitar literally took my breath away when I saw it.  What pushed me over the top was the anodized tuners, those are absolutely brilliant!
Thanks a lot, man! Yeah, the anodized tuners are pretty cool. I'd seen them before but forgot about them and was planning to go for chrome with pearl buttons. Really glad I found these at the last minute. (btw fellow European forumites, there are some Sperzels on ebay from a UK supplier at a good price - for this side of the pond anyway).

Pete: That's an outstanding piece of work! Tasteful in all details indeed (ah those tuners!). Very worthy wimmer, congrats!

Cheers

I just noticed Heywoods strat came joint third. That's a good result considering the competition this month.  It's a good looking strat so you did well.

Fat Pete said:
DocNrock said:
Congrats, Fat Pete!  I've got to say, I was never a fan of the Diamondback body.  BUT...your build makes it look great!  Well conceptualized and executed.  Bravo, sir, bravo!  :headbang1:
Thanks DocNrock! I know what you mean about the Diamondback, I had my doubts too, but it was there in the showcase, in that finish, calling out to me. I'd already been wondering how a 'batwing' style guard would look, so when the pearloid-bound neck appeared as a screamin' deal it all snapped into place and all resistance crumbled.

I love hearing the stories about how a build defines itself.  Aside from the end product, that is the coolest part of building a custom guitar. 

Well, Pete, once I put my sunglasses on, I could see what monster you've created--Congratulations once again...next time go for something a little less drab, huh? :icon_thumright:

Great Ape said:
Well, Pete, once I put my sunglasses on, I could see what monster you've created--Congratulations once again...next time go for something a little less drab, huh? :icon_thumright:
Thanks Mr Ape! Apologies, I know you prefer your guitars on the dowdy side - like this future GOTM:

PA300124_zpsbopjzq1a.jpg

Fat Pete said:
Great Ape said:
Thanks Mr Ape! Apologies, I know you prefer your guitars on the dowdy side - like this future GOTM:

PA300124_zpsbopjzq1a.jpg
Damn, that one is amazing, Pete. I think it's your best yet.

Nice one Pete.

I want to say thanks to the three others who voted for my submission.  Middle of the pack on my first try.  I'll take it!

Back