VOTE HERE: November 2011 Guitar of the Month

Which instrument should be the November 2011 Guitar of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired, so let the voting begin, and let the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after all voting has (automatically) ended.

Best of luck to all contestants!

Due to a disqualification in the first hours of voting, all votes were reset - the poll cannot be materially altered after its formation and retain "secret ballots".  A software limitation....

Please forgive the removal of thoughtful commentary in the old thread, and please do vote again for the guitar of your choice.

== GOM

Link to submissions: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17924.0

As usual, all beautiful and desirable. But, it's tough to ignore the innovation, exhibition of craftsmanship and building skill, level of detail, quality and overall attractive appearance of Eric's "Banjitar". We don't get to see that as often as we'd like. He didn't just screw together a pile of top-notch parts, he did some serious design, fabrication and finish work there, and did a fine job of it. So, kudos to you, Eric, and you got my vote.

Cagey said:
As usual, all beautiful and desirable. But, it's tough to ignore the innovation, exhibition of craftsmanship and building skill, level of detail, quality and overall attractive appearance of Eric's "Banjitar". We don't get to see that as often as we'd like. He didn't just screw together a pile of top-notch parts, he did some serious design, fabrication and finish work there, and did a fine job of it. So, kudos to you, Eric, and you got my vote.
My vote as well.

CONGRATS Eric  :blob7:

Great stuff  :icon_thumright:

About Bloody time too  :laughing7:  :laughing3:  :laughing11:

Congratulations Eric Banjitar!

I had to make a new template since the blue/black is MIA.
Here's your unofficial Unofficial Warmoth banner!

(I did however make use of transparencies)

Attachments

• November2011GOTM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 532
Hey, thanks so much everyone.  I am truely honored to see my work on the same list as so many beautiful instruments and fine craftsmen. I am thankful for the help, support and advice that I was given, not only on this project, but also as I learned through following the work of others.  This forum is place where we can all get together and luthier-style nerd-out together.  The forum is sometimes humorous, always informative and strongly opinionated.  The work displayed here is way beyond conventional quality of commercially available instruments.  The members are informed and willing to share for free what they have learned (often at great expense in time, money and materials) to help others succeed. I believe this to be a rare occurance in life and I am proud to be able to offer advice when I feel like my contribution will be of some benefit to any of you.  Usually I am just trying to absorb as much information as possible about guitars.  Specifically, I would like to thank the Hero and beyond members who cruise this site looking to help others.  You all know who you are and your obsession with this forum and your artwork is inspirational and essential for newbys like me to succeed.  Continued thanks!

Eric Banjitar Mitchell

I didn't vote for The Banjitar this month, but I did vote for it in a previous month's contest. I am also glad it won.  :eek:ccasion14:

Great build, I bestowed accolades when I first saw your Banjitar posted awhile back and knew it was destined for fame.  Do you tension tune the head like a drum? I forget exactly how that was done because a drummer friend tensioned the heads on banjos I once owned.
I've always liked banjos that's why your build caught my eye, and during the golden era of Frets Magazine I owned a Stew Mac,  a GoldStar and a Stelling Bellflower. The latter was sold for $500.00 and today it's worth much more sort of like my early Hofner Beatle Bass which I sold for $200.00 and now they're trough the roof.
You once mentioned a luthier friend who was trained, did he attend a violin making school, etc?
You're also correct about some on this site being good craftsmen and because of that the bar gets raised higher and higher.  Nonetheless I commend anyone who takes an interest in anything DIY especially building musical instruments and sticks with it. Again, great build.

Back