VOTE HERE: December 2011 Guitar of the Month

Which instrument should be the December 2011 Guitar of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired, so let the voting begin, and let the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after all voting has (automatically) ended.

Best of luck to all contestants!

Eric Banjitar said:
my vote resembles a simplified flight-plan.
I think I get the reference :)

Great selection this month, very tough choice pour moi.

I forgot I was eligible for this - oops!  I voted for the one I voted for the first time 'round - very close call, though.

There's something to be said for simple elegance.

Lots to consider - for instance - what the designer/builder/finisher had in mind, the concept, the execution thereof, the whole vibe and mojo of the instrument's look, versus the God given aesthetic of wood structure. 

There's more to it than looks, like Col. Whelen said about rifles "only accurate rifles are interesting", to me the same holds true with guitars, except they must play and sound well.  Even the worst rat looker can be a winner if it plays well, and has some mondo tone.

A lot of times, less is more.... old school is the best school, and the tone jumps out of a picture at you, even though you haven't played the axe at all.

Thats where my vote went. :icon_tongue:

DustyCat said:
AutoBat said:
I voted for one of the ones with a Fender design.

Not the one with (gasp!) gold harware!  :icon_tongue:

oh you went back to add "gasp"? well in that case, I will remove my smiley..
I don't care that you don't like my guitar, but don't go around telling people NOT to vote for my guitar!

I think you misunderstood him. He was expressing surprise that Autobat would vote for something with gold hardware, not that there was anything wrong with it.

Tough choices this month. Especially when the guitar I expected to vote for didn't even make the gate! Where's the rest of you??
But all the guitars that did bother are great!
So I picked the one I think I'd like to have in my rack the most.
Time will tele.
:rock-on:

I wouldn't say I have a "thing" for them, but I am in love with the one I have now and I've been highly impressed with just about everything I've seen on this board.

Back