VOTE HERE: August 2013 Guitar of the Month Conest

Which instrument should be the August 2013 Guitar of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dolando said:
Pelagaard said:
Sorry Dolando, you had my vote locked and then Cagey went and dropped the bomb.

BLAST! Damn you Cagey!!!  :icon_tongue:

It was my birthday this month and everything! Haha.

Yeah, well, it was my birthday last month. There are only 12 months available, and 7 billion people. You have to expect a certain amount of coincidence, since on average there are roughly 583 million birthdays/month, which boils down to almost 20 million birthdays per day. They're tough to avoid.

Luckily, not everybody celebrates them at Applebee's, where they sing that stupid birthday song they made up to avoid having to pay royalties to Warner Music Group every time they want to sing "Happy Birthday" to someone <grin>

Cagey said:
Dolando said:
Pelagaard said:
Sorry Dolando, you had my vote locked and then Cagey went and dropped the bomb.

BLAST! Damn you Cagey!!!  :icon_tongue:

It was my birthday this month and everything! Haha.

Yeah, well, it was my birthday last month. There are only 12 months available, and 7 billion people. You have to expect a certain amount of coincidence, since on average there are roughly 583 million birthdays/month, which boils down to almost 20 million birthdays per day. They're tough to avoid.

Luckily, not everybody celebrates them at Applebee's, where they sing that stupid birthday song they made up to avoid having to pay royalties to Warner Music Group every time they want to sing "Happy Birthday" to someone <grin>

I suppose you're right, there are only 12 months, but I'm sure those 7 billion people aren't making warmoth guitars and posting them on here for guitar of month. The odds get a little smaller. :)

Never been to Applebee's, don't have those here in th UK, but I can imagine that song they use instead is very cringy.

Dolando said:
...I'm sure those 7 billion people aren't making warmoth guitars and posting them on here for guitar of month.

Yeah, but you have to pretend they are, or you're liable to take shortcuts.

"They see you when you're sleeping... they know when you're awake. They know if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness' sake!" <grin>

Dolando said:
Never been to Applebee's, don't have those here in th UK, but I can imagine that song they use instead is very cringy.

It's an aged yuppie bar/restaurant chain here, and to call their birthday song "cringy" is being kind. The fact that they do it at all is enough to keep you out of the place. You'll be sitting there having a beer and a some pot stickers with a buddy while you fix the world, and next thing you know all the servers in the joint have surrounded the table next to you to terrorize some poor bastard who had the misfortune of letting his/her birthday be known by chanting this inane ditty along with clapping, stomping and a ceremonial piece of stale cake. It's enough to piss off a saint.

Hey!! My birthday was last week! Does that get me any sympathy votes, seein' how the number is so utterly jaw-droppingly horrific?!? Truly a bevy of gorgeous instruments this month, gents! Best of luck to all...

Great Ape said:
Hey!! My birthday was last week! Does that get me any sympathy votes, seein' how the number is so utterly jaw-droppingly horrific?!? Truly a bevy of gorgeous instruments this month, gents! Best of luck to all...

Hey it was worth a try. :)  :toothy10: hehe.

Well happy belated birthdays to all...
rainbow12.gif
fest30.gif

All are very very nice guitars... hard choice for sure, but one really caught my eye...

Congratulations Cagey.  I made you a banner yesterday in anticipation (but I didn't vote for you).  Naturally I forgot to check the forum before I left for work.  I'll have it up when I return.
I did photoshop it to remove the holder bars along the bottom, as it looks goofy when you crop just the guitar out of the photo.

Congrats GOTM Cagey  :blob7:

Surprised  :eek:  at how many I got, thanks who ever  :icon_thumright:

BTW .... Great looking Guitar, gunna look beautiful sitting up there in the corner.

Here's my banner for you Kevin  :laughing7:

file_zps934fe68d.jpg

A lot of nice guitars this time but it was always going to be this way. Congratulations Kevin.

Congratulations!!! Cagey that is one fine looking guitar. To win out of this batch really says something about all your work.

WTG Cagey!~

Yours was my choice #2..... something about those white covers on the back made me reconsider it from being my vote..... but holy crap the top is nice!~

pssssssst.... brown covers like a LP!!!

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the recognition, especially in view of the other great instruments entered.

Back