VOTE HERE: 2016 Guitar of the Year

Which instrument should be the 2016 Guitar of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be interesting to see sales figures from Fender of Strats vs. Teles over the last 5 or 10 years. I think Teles have been gaining ground for a while now. It's such a practical and versatile platform. Not that you can't do anything you want to some other designs, but many of them present expectations that the Tele does not. For instance, while certainly not unheard of, you don't often see hardtail Strats or Jazzmasters, but it's open season on the Tele's rear anchor point.

Cagey said:
It would be interesting to see sales figures from Fender of Strats vs. Teles over the last 5 or 10 years. I think Teles have been gaining ground for a while now. It's such a practical and versatile platform. Not that you can't do anything you want to some other designs, but many of them present expectations that the Tele does not. For instance, while certainly not unheard of, you don't often see hardtail Strats or Jazzmasters, but it's open season on the Tele's rear anchor point.

Evolution of the tele

http://www.guitartonetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/merle-haggard.jpg

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/aaaroot/guitars/7july15/30days/day27/john5-corbis-1200-80.jpg

The Tele was the first volume production electric guitar and launched a music revolution. Amazing it still is one of the best. Good luck to all!

Guitarsan said:
The Tele was the first volume production electric guitar and launched a music revolution. Amazing it still is one of the best. Good luck to all!

Well strictly speaking it was the Broadcaster in 1950 with the change of name in 1951 to Telecaster.  Agreed it is amazing it is still around.

And the title of Unofficial Warmoth Guitar of the Year 2016 goes to...

Glimmer!

Many, many congratulations to Glimmer and well done to all the qualifying monthly winners.  Thanks again to all the other entrants throughout the year and to everyone who voted!

Congratulations, Glimmer! An absolutely beautiful guitar and a well-deserved win!

Congrats Glimmer.  Well done.
I guess I was wrong.  2016 is the YEAR OF THE JAZZMASTER

Congrats Glimmer!

I had a dog in the fight, but you were in my top two, along with DMRACO. Black Korina (aka Black Limba) is hot now, and rightfully so.

Congratulations Glimmer! Even if my Jazzy were in the competition, I still would have voted for yours. It's an absolutely stunning instrument, and well deserving of the Guitar of the Year  title!
:headbang:

Back