VIP Baritone

Aaron

I just found the Unofficial Warmoth and wanted to share my first build and then get advice on my second build. I call this guitar 'Jester' due to its mixed bag of woods, sometimes I call it 'evil twin' because its the low tuned sick-o brother to my 5k+ PRS HB2 artist and sometimes I have caught it mercilessly beating its PRS brother up at night

Construction

Chambered VIP body, Black Korina under Burl Maple with a satin finish and black hw, black pinstripe
Contour Heel
EMG 81/85
Gotoh 510
25k pots

Neck
Paduak Baritone scale with Ebony FB, cream dots Planet Waves tuners and Burl Overlay
SS frets, Black graph tech nut

1a261871.jpg

d86c51b7.jpg

890ae0dc.jpg

Sorry for the crappy Iphone pics..

Here is a pic of the nice twin (PRS artist hbII loaded w/peizo's)

cb1130bc.jpg

My next build is to build as close a replica to the 'good twin' as possible but in baritone and obviously bolt on - no need for the fancy pants AAAAA tops..

wow man thats amazing! i didnt know the baritone necks could be ordered to fit a VIP body. does it intonate well enough?

AWESOME guitar! the back alone is one of the coolest pieces of wood i've ever seen, and that top is nothing to sneeze at either

Yea, I can see that guitar beating up on the PRS.  :laughing7: Emgs are awesome.

Both are sweet guitars!

Death by Uberschall said:
Love the black hardware against the natural wood.  :headbang1:
hehehehe, he said wood... :icon_biggrin:

but I agree with kboman, Warmoth is wayyyyyyyyy cooler... :headbang1:

That guitar is sick!  Love it.  What type of burl is the top?  Looks fantastic.  Oh, and the PRS isn't bad, either.  :kewlpics:

Back