Very, VERY, important Radiohead news.

NonsenseTele said:
Is this serious?

Seeing as the URL starts with "http://www.theonion.com", I think that's definitely a "no".

And yes, the last line was hysterical.

Pretty funny, but I've never cared for Radiohead. They only have one song I've ever liked anyay..."Creep"...I'm sure they have other good ones but never heard any of them... :dontknow:

These are my two favorite music articles from The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29205

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/donald_fagen_defends_steely_dan_to

Oh yeah, and a good Radiohead song = My Iron Lung.  Actually, The Bends in general is a great album.

DangerousR6 said:
Pretty funny, but I've never cared for Radiohead. They only have one song I've ever liked anyay..."Creep"...I'm sure they have other good ones but never heard any of them... :dontknow:

Creep is a great tune but it's kind of a conventional rocker, there's a lot more to Radiohead than that.  Honestly not sure if you'd like it, Doug... but I think they're easily the one of the best bands in the world right now.

Their new album is free, you can download it on their website.  It says "name your price" and you can put 0 to download it.  Good album too  :guitaristgif:

dbw said:
DangerousR6 said:

Creep is a great tune but it's kind of a conventional rocker, there's a lot more to Radiohead than that.  Honestly not sure if you'd like it, Doug... but I think they're easily the one of the best bands in the world right now.

Their new album is free, you can download it on their website.  It says "name your price" and you can put 0 to download it.  Good album too  :guitaristgif:
Interesting, may have to give it a listen... :icon_thumright:

I like that they've moved away from conventional guitar rock with the big single release etc. In Rainbows is their best work yet in my opinion.

The Bends was a good collection of guitar-based Britpop songs, I thought.  Pablo Honey was a great lot of filler around their big hit single, and OK Computer, for me, was and still is their best album.  Kid A started a bit of a downward slide, but I think In Rainbows represents a bit of an uptick for them.

Saw them live several years ago (I believe during their hail to the thief tour) but they were pretty forgettable...and they are indeed a bit too into themselves.  Watched "Meeting People is Easy" many years ago and after I wiped away the layer of depression and self-pity that had been dumped on me, I had to laugh...they have a bit of a crucifixion complex, whining about their lot in life, being chased around by cameras and the like. 

Still, probably one of the best bands of the 90s.

The 1st time I ever saw radiohead was with their "Creep" video on MTV (early 90's?).

It scared me... there was something distinctly un-manly about the band; especially the singer (remember, I'm rooted in 70's rock when men were men... 'cept for Bowie I s'pose LOL).

But that little "cha-chunk cha-chunk" right before they poured on the wall of buzzy-bees distortion "But I'm a creeeeep..." used to crack my friend and I up something serious... we'd be rolling on the floor every time.

neuftone said:
... after I wiped away the layer of depression and self-pity that had been dumped on me, I had to laugh...they have a bit of a crucifixion complex, whining about their lot in life, being chased around by cameras and the like.

That defines the vast majority of 90's rock, and that's exactly why I though most of it sucked. 

It all stemmed from the 90's typical flannel wearing suburban teenybopper angst where they had everything going for them and life was sooo good that they lacked any initiative to do anything positive.

I don't wanna listen to whiny crap and be all depressed - I want hi-energy, great gonzos, feel-good guitar extravaganzas laden with sexual innuendo and the like, or slower & thoughtful tunes.  Oh yeah, and guitar solos.

I mean really, who wants to feel like sh!te?  Who wants to listen to music that furthers the self-pity and self-loathing?

Bust out the party & enjoy life, man.  :icon_thumright:  :icon_jokercolor:

Superlizard said:
That defines the vast majority of 90's rock, and that's exactly why I though most of it sucked. 

It all stemmed from the 90's typical flannel wearing suburban teenybopper angst where they had everything going for them and life was sooo good that they lacked any initiative to do anything positive.

I don't wanna listen to whiny crap and be all depressed - I want hi-energy, great gonzos, feel-good guitar extravaganzas laden with sexual innuendo and the like, or slower & thoughtful tunes.  Oh yeah, and guitar solos.

I mean really, who wants to feel like sh!te?  Who wants to listen to music that furthers the self-pity and self-loathing?

Bust out the party & enjoy life, man.   :icon_thumright:   :icon_jokercolor:
My brother greatly enjoys that music. Poor kid...

Back