Very Sad, R.I.P. Dusty...

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
221669599_4447038278679967_6054278181400927371_n.jpg

Texas will be forever grateful and forever sad...

I remember seeing ZZ Top two consecutive nights on the Eliminator Tour when I was 15.  Hard to believe the history and staying power of this band.  There is a ZZ Top documentary on  Netflix.  I highly recommend it.
https://www.netflix.com/title/81212488
Dusty was such a HUGE part of the band.  He will be missed.

Now, instead of backing Pearly Gates He's walking through them. RIP Dusty you will not be forgotten.  :sad:

Wow... this just made chills run up my arm. Watched a documentary about ZZ Top a couple of weeks ago. Dusty came across as a very likable guy.

Sad to lose such a supporting member of such an iconic blues rock band.  :sad:

I've seen ZZ Top 2 or 3 times and have enjoyed their tunes, the precision of their musicianship and also that treadmill was a hoot  :)

My moniker also had nothing to do with Mr. Hill when I created it and it is important to me now to make that distinction known publicly.

RIP buddy.

Just watched the ZZ top documentary and really enjoyed it.  Think I'll play 'just got paid' before I go to bed.

I am not superstitious, but had ZZ Top popping up several times on my random shuffle playlist for two days prior to his death.

I may have to put together a Dusty inspired bass.  I don’t have an orig or proper P bass tone. I promise, no fur.

Actually I say that, and thinking back, I told myself, my Ric does Ric, my Lakeland does active and J, but I don’t have the P.

This from the guitarist that has been 95% bass player since COVID (actual gigs) that was thinking of a bass vi just last night.

Back