Updating My 19 Year Old Warmoth Strat

Tipperman

New neck is set to arrive on Wednesday; so I figured I would start preparing the old neck for another project. Will update this thread as I do work on the new neck, and eventually change the pickups to EMG single coils. Nothing too glamorous here, but it's always fun to work on an old friend and keep it going.

Over time, through carelessness, I ran into some issues. So re-glued the fretboard down at the overhang, fretwork etc.

New neck will be Canary shaft, Rosewood fretboard, SS6105, Clapton neck carve to guarantee Aaron didn't take my neck, locking tuners over the current Vintage style ones. Pics attached are just to get things started, and have a "before" set of pictures as I continue to upgrade it.

More updates soon. Plan to burnish the neck per Cagey's old post, make sure the frets are all perfect, polish them up nicely, and set it up with 10-46 gauge.

Attachments

• strat.jpeg
    strat.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 14
  • strat2.jpeg
    strat2.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 14
I'm here to tell you, Tipperman, the canarywood neck is gonna be a joy to handle. Looking forward to further developments here.

This should be in builds in progress, the galleries are for completed instruments.

Have asked for it to be moved.

I'm here to tell you, Tipperman, the canarywood neck is gonna be a joy to handle. Looking forward to further developments here.
I am getting *very* excited about the Canary neck. I have a roasted maple neck on the VIP, and if it feels half as good as that I think I am in for a treat. Not quite sure how I will like the Clapton neck profile, but I wanted an in-between of my current fatback necks, and the roasted maple standard thin. 59 Roundback I had in the past just wasn't my jam. We will see!

Back