UPDATE!! ORDERED!!! Help me pick a color for my new Firebird.

RockStarNick

UPDATE 9/14/10 - WARMOTH FIREBIRD ORDERED

So guys, I finally decided on a color scheme for my latest Warmoth project.  I was going back and forth between Blue Ice, and Silverburst, and Honeyburst, etc. I was just afraid that I'd get tired of one of those, especially the blue.  I was flipping thru a Guitar World, and saw that new ESP Phoenix in white and black, and just LOVED it.  So that's the color scheme that I went with. Straight up Alpine White with Black pickguard and headstock, with Chrome hardware, pickup covers, and some chrome top gibson reflector knobs!

Hope you like it!  I do!!!!  :rock:  :rock:  The 8-10 week wait time is going to KILL me though.  :cry:

web.png

**************************************************************************************************

UPDATED: COLOR CHOICES NARROWED DOWN

Hey guys. So here's the deal: I already have the neck. Besides being a reverse headstock (which means that visually, it won't match many other bodies), It's a particularly bright sounding neck, so I wanted a big, fat sounding body to pair it with, in order to balance out the tone. I'm thinking FIREBIRD.

Here's my color ideas. What do you think?  UPDATEL I've decided to do something totally non-traditional. So no Tobacco Burst finishes for me. I'm hoping that Warmoth can do a Blue Ice Fade - Blue Ice, with a Lake Placid Blue Edges.

BLUE ICE BURST
web.png

SILVER
web.png

SILVERBURST
web.png

ICE BLUE
web.png

My favorite of those options is the first one.  Never been a fan of the silverburst, though.

If i were to do a firebird (i'd like to one of these days), i'd be all about finishing it in either the Gibson cherry, Pelham Blue, or maybe surf green.
P9050005.JPG

53570_l.jpg

images

thats an extremely tough call, but out of the three i like the white and the black burst equally. man, you've got some tough choices ahead of you.

I'm with Jay. The white and the black/silver burst are the more attractive finishes, at least with that neck.

Myself, I prefer the mahogany/tobacco burst.  White comes in second.  I just don't care for silver guitars much.

Bagman

At a quick glance i thought your neck was a firebird neck

im definitely for the transparent fnish because i love the ribbons in mahogany. have you thought about something along the lines of trans red? that would be badass  :headbang:

i don't see a bad looking one there, but i'd rock it with a reverse headstock (would that be a reverse reverse?)

Thanks for all the replies fellas.  Looks like everyone has a different favorite, which is not helping me choose! hahaha.  :laughing11: :laughing11:

It's all good though.  :headbang:

The headstock is a exact copy of the Washburn Nuno N4 headstock, done by the Warmoth Custom Shop for me. I had made a superstrat out of it, but the neck is so bright, the smaller body shape didn't jive well. I think this neck is screaming for a massive chunk of wood to warm it up.

I like the idea of a cherry color too. That might look crazy good. I gotta photoshop that up. Stay tuned!

Top, or a legion of Southern Rockers will mob you/cut you.

Haha, but seriously, they don't get off the couch to beat their wives across the room, much less travel to your location....

Double seriously, top or bust...

I've never been a fan of silver burst, but I always loved that burst finish on Firebirds :icon_biggrin:.

I kinda like that aged white tint too:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vz6m8FPW8[/youtube]

exaN said:
I've never been a fan of silver burst, but I always loved that burst finish on Firebirds :icon_biggrin:.

I kinda like that aged white tint too:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vz6m8FPW8[/youtube]
Phil X has some Warmoth parts.... :icon_biggrin:
VHll.jpg

Van Halen ll - Black w/ Yellow Stripes, Floyd Rose Tremolo, Duncan Distortion P/U, Gold Hardware, Warmoth Maple Neck.

Hey dudes. I updated this post with 3 more finsihes: a vintage white, an ice blue (trying to emulate Gibson's Pelham Blue), and a translucent blue burst.

Never loved blue finishes, but I think they look neat on this body. Who knows, I might wind up with a Blue Bird.

Back