[UPDATE! LAST PARTS ARRIVED!] Waiting for it... Gianna!

Edoardo

So, Order placed last week :glasses9:

Now Warmoth asks for 8-10 weeks of patience for the custom body getting made (and getting paint). Did you actually wait that long?

UPDATE!!! EVERYTHING ARRIVED!!! SCROLL THE THREAD TO SEE THE NECK AND THE BODY!

In the meanwhile, enjoy the renderings and the parts that have already arrived  :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• finale.png
    finale.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 420
  • MANICO ORDINATO.jpg
    MANICO ORDINATO.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 378
  • roba.jpg
    roba.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 344
  • fronte.png
    fronte.png
    598.7 KB · Views: 397
I think they make the bodies fairly fast. It's the paint that eats the time. It needs to be thoroughly cured and hard before they can buff it out, and nothing but time will do it.

I've never had to wait the whole 10 weeks, though. I usually get them in 7 or 8 weeks.

Cagey said:
I think they make the bodies fairly fast. It's the paint that eats the time. It needs to be thoroughly cured and hard before they can buff it out, and nothing but time will do it.

I've never had to wait the whole 10 weeks, though. I usually get them in 7 or 8 weeks.

Thanks Cagey. Again! See, in the end I didn't get the exotic neck. Went classic. Too many fears. :doh:

Edoardo said:
Cagey said:

Thanks Cagey. Again! See, in the end I didn't get the exotic neck. Went classic. Too many fears. :doh:
I love the maple necks. I went back and forth and ended up with a canary and love it but I still want a guitar with a maple neck. The obsession continues and already the wheels are turning  :toothy11: Nice choices!

This time of year, with tax returns and end of year bonuses....

Don't be surprised if it does take the full time to ship.*

But when you do get those boxes....Whoo Boy, what an awesome day.

*just playing devil's advocate....

Fair enough, but is it actually such a small firm that the building process can be slowed down by the bookeeping sh*t?  :icon_biggrin: Awesome!

Awesome indeed! Every one of my instruments (save my Taylor) have turtles in the neck pockets; -sold off  the ones with the F-word on the 'stocks so it could be that way, too.  :guitaristgif:

If this is your first W build (-and a beautiful one it will be at that), congrats! -And welcome to the 'boards!  :icon_thumright:

Edoardo said:
Fair enough, but is it actually such a small firm that the building process can be slowed down by the bookeeping sh*t?  :icon_biggrin: Awesome!
I think you might have misunderstood that.  The customers getting their tax returns tend to order a lot at this time of year, so production can be busy.
Patrick

I dig it a lot!  Not sure if I understand the mix/matched volume/tone knob styles but I love the overall aesthetic!  :icon_thumright:

Corey P. said:
I dig it a lot!  Not sure if I understand the mix/matched volume/tone knob styles but I love the overall aesthetic!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks.

Everything is mixed. offset strat  :glasses9:

I chose those knobs that way to give her a more of a "pawn shop" look. One golden, the other strat-white, with the golden "volume" engraving. hope it looks well between the golden knob and the white bridge pickup.

One other "mixed" thing I didn't tell: I'm keeping only the bridge PU white cover, the others will be plain black, just as the pickguard. We'll all have to wait another month or two to see how it will really look like!

Yeah, GREAT DAY TODAY!!!  :toothy10:

Here she is.

The body colour is just PERFECT. Transparent brown on swamp ash nails it.

10169295_10203659496828529_5897890403694712012_n.jpg

1533845_10203659497028534_6302254375830807718_n.jpg

10247419_10203659496788528_2292160672390666462_n.jpg

Fat Pete said:
That trans brown is really nice - one-piece swamp ash body?

Yes. And actually, it's already much lighter than expected.  :hello2:

I chose the swamp ash cause I just thought that the brown finish would have looked too dark on any other wood. And well, this one is perfect!

Aaaaaand it's HUGE!!! It's so wide. I'm extremely happy, as I decided to go Warmoth JM shape because of the larger (and better balanced, they say) top - acoustic "habits". This one fits me like a glove.

Everything beyond expectation!!!

Thanks for everything guys!

Thank y'all

pics of the assembled, completed and working guitar in the dedicated thread!  :toothy10:

unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=23459

Back