*** Unofficial Warmoth "ROCK Like an Egyptian" Giveaway! ***

weezingthejuicebodhi said:
I wish I would've known about GreatApe sooner, could have got a wood arm burned arm instead of tattoos!

That's quite some work, man.  Are you telling me you actually have a full sleeve with Ra and Anubis?

ghotiphry said:
I wish I would've known about GreatApe sooner, could have got a wood arm burned arm instead of tattoos!

That's quite some work, man.  Are you telling me you actually have a full sleeve with Ra and Anubis?

Yeah, The sleeve is made up for Anubis, Ra, an Ankh, Eye of Horace, Cleopatra, and tut

Braydenderfler@gmail.com said:
Always wanted a Egyptian guitar!

If this contest doesn't go your way, you could always get an oud!
ivoryoud.jpg

I love the Soloist body with the contoured heel. I have one made from basswood as well, HSH configuration, fixed bridge, volume, 5 way switch. Wouldn't mind another one at all ;)

The more I look at theach artwork on this guitar the more exciting it is...  Whoever wins, congrats... That is one incredible piece of artwork there.

Nice work there!

What kind of iron are you using for the burning? I've tried some woodburning with a regular soldering iron, but because the tip is far away from the tip, it is very difficult. What brand or what "key words" should I put into a search engine to find the right tools if I would like to try the technique myself?

???

I think he does it with his eyes. It's a special skill, enabled via exposure to our yellow sun. I'm not saying he's Superman, but... no one has ever seen him and Superman together in the same room! You do the math.

I have heard of other people trying to do that sort of work. They buy really fancy woodburning stations called "detailers", sorta like this rig...

burnma1.jpg

...which are frightfully expensive, all to no avail. The Great Ape has special skills.

Would be no surprise if we found out Ape is afraid of Kryptonite  :confused4:

Don't be silly. He ain't afraid of nuthin'. Power he got. And special skills.

Well, shucks, you guys...actually, I'm terrified of getting old and fat!! Anyway, the burning equipment  I use is from a company called Razertip, from Canada. It's not cheap, but it's well made, and their shipping is good. You'll never get the control and fine lines you want with a soldering iron--unless you're burning crop circles on yer guitar! G'luck--now excuse me, I gotta duck into this phone booth fer a minute...

I showed this to my youngest son and he pointed out all the elements of the picture to me - he loves to read and he went through a Kane Chronicles phase and Percy Jackson phase - he would constantly regale us with facts about the Egyptian vs Greek mythology - characters, stories, similarities and differences, etc. He gave your carving a 2-thumbs up! He said... "that is SO COOL... you should make ag cool guitar like that"... lol.

muns53 said:
I showed this to my youngest son and he pointed out all the elements of the picture to me - he loves to read and he went through a Kane Chronicles phase and Percy Jackson phase - he would constantly regale us with facts about the Egyptian vs Greek mythology - characters, stories, similarities and differences, etc. He gave your carving a 2-thumbs up! He said... "that is SO COOL... you should make ag cool guitar like that"... lol.

Hey! Using kids for kudos to get a guitar body is a dirty trick and won't be tolerated!  :icon_jokercolor:

muns53 said:

Hey! Using kids for kudos to get a guitar body is a dirty trick and won't be tolerated!  :icon_jokercolor:
Hey!  If you can't use your kids like that, what good are they?

Back