*** Unofficial Warmoth "ROCK Like an Egyptian" Giveaway! ***

Hey Ape, I have a burning question...what colour is this going to be...?  :laughing7:

That us absolutely beautiful. I love the wings on the horns of the body, how they follow the shape.  :yourock:

Okay, let me take a stab at something.

Prominently featured on the body is the scarab.  The scarab is associated with the Egyptian god of the sun Khepri, who is an aspect of Ra as the rising sun, and is symbolic of renewal of life, creation, development, growth and effectiveness.  Extremely popular as an amulet and funerary adornment.

The two gods are Horus and Anubis (who may have been brothers.)  Horus is the god of the Sun, who was later incorporated into Ra.  The right eye of Horus is depicted, which is the sun or morning star, also associated with Ra.  Anubis is the protector and guide of the dead and god of the afterlife, as well as the patron god of lost souls. 

The eye in the center of the guitar is the Eye of Horus, a symbol of protection, power, safety and good health.  Again, it is Horus's right eye, also called the Eye of Ra.  Often painted on ships for safe journey.

The ankh is the symbol of life.

So the symbolism of the guitar is such that it implores for, among other things, protection and a safe journey, with a nod to the protector of souls in case you tank.

ghotiphry said:
Okay, let me take a stab at something.

Prominently featured on the body is the scarab.  The scarab is associated with the Egyptian god of the sun Khepri, who is an aspect of Ra as the rising sun, and is symbolic of renewal of life, creation, development, growth and effectiveness.  Extremely popular as an amulet and funerary adornment.

The two gods are Horus and Anubis (who may have been brothers.)  Horus is the god of the Sun, who was later incorporated into Ra.  The right eye of Horus is depicted, which is the sun or morning star, also associated with Ra.  Anubis is the protector and guide of the dead and god of the afterlife, as well as the patron god of lost souls. 

The eye in the center of the guitar is the Eye of Horus, a symbol of protection, power, safety and good health.  Again, it is Horus's right eye, also called the Eye of Ra.  Often painted on ships for safe journey.

The ankh is the symbol of life.

So the symbolism of the guitar is such that it implores for, among other things, protection and a safe journey, with a nod to the protector of souls in case you tank.

You seem very knowledgable about all things egyptian, Ghotiphry. Very cool. Knowing about the symbolism behind Great Ape's design makes it even more interesting. Now I'm even more impressed by this piece of art.

What's up Warmothians - I just came back to check out this build, not to enter the contest (as much as I'd love to own a Great Ape masterpiece, I've already lost count of my [finished & unfinished] guitars and run out of space to keep them)  :icon_biggrin: Awesome idea to make a contest around such a cool custom build!

:rock-on:

Back