Unfinished maple neck

Thanks,
I thought it was worse, however...
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Bruno said:
Thanks,
I thought it was worse, however...
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
It would look better if I wiped it off. I really don't keep my guitar clean.

Everyone needs a guitar like that. Not cleaned enough, always leaned up against something precariously, strings changed once in a blue moon.

jay4321 said:
Everyone needs a guitar like that. Not cleaned enough, always leaned up against something precariously, strings changed once in a blue moon.

Sounds like my only electric guitar - I just changed the strings on it three weeks ago, after having left them on it for about two years.  Wow.  I thought I had begun to lose my hearing, but it turns out the top end of my guitar's tone was just buried under a bunch of crud.

bagman

jay4321 said:
Yep, but soon I'll have a guitar to care for.

BE maple, vintage construction,  nekked as the day it was cut down... :toothy11:
strat-o.jpg

stratocoustic.jpg

Bruno said:
Hi.
a trivial curiosity: do you have any images of an unfinished maple neck after intensive use?
No true oil, no teak. Nothing, only wood.
Just to realize.
Thanks

I have 2 Fenders I took the finish off of the necks not knowing any better.  Youthful indecretions,  :-\.

If you are thinking it will have a worn relic look, it won't.  The oil from your hands stains disproportionately to the worn finish and subsequent staining of the fretboard, real or simulated, in a relic finish.  In other words, it doesn't take much use and all fret positions are darkened almost evenly whereas a relic job is more worn in certain places.

Here's a neck from a beater guitar (Squire II) that's destined to be a Frankenstrat of some sort...  Surprisingly, the neck actually plays great and even has some slight flame on the back.  I guess Squires were a lot better in the Eighties.

Paul-less said:
EVH had his necks raw.

EBMM also Tru-Oiled the production necks. You should see their set-up, they dunk the necks in a tank of tru-oil, let it sit a couple minutes, then wipe the excess...

Thought i'd throw my beloved Axis in the mix here.

axis1i.jpg

axis2.jpg

axis3.jpg

Back