Unfinished bodies

Kostas

Is it safe to buy an unfinished body and keep it at home for a few months or years? Warmoth applies sealer in the bodies or only necks?

Most showcase bodies have two different finishes, front & back. If I want to order for example: A burst color for the front and clear gloss for the back what's the price I will pay? I have to pay for two colors?

Kostas said:
Is it safe to buy an unfinished body and keep it at home for a few months or years? Warmoth applies sealer in the bodies or only necks?

Warmoth does apply something to thier raw woods - not sure exactly what though - if I was to store a body or neck for some time I would apply some sanding sealer to be safe.

Kostas said:
Most showcase bodies have two different finishes, front & back. If I want to order for example: A burst color for the front and clear gloss for the back what's the price I will pay? I have to pay for two colors?

I think the finish cost covers things like - bursted both sides, bursted top, with a solid or clear back, ect. I f you request more variety - different dyes top and back, there probably is an up charge. Call em if you have something specific in mind, thier fun yo talk to!

I think they only the necks get the sealing.  Bodies - unsealed.

If you store the body in a place this is not of extreme humidity or temperature, you can store it indefinitely.

Back