Unfinish neck

line6man said:
Max said:
line6man said:
NLD09 said:
Or you could just get a Canary neck. have not tried one personally, but they are supposed to be similar to maple, and they have a similar look.

+1.

Is there any reason that you have to have quartersawn Maple/Indian Rosewood?
That sounds like a very boring generic neck to me. Do something fun...  :icon_biggrin:
Says the guy with the plain black j-bass.  :laughing7:

Max, this has got to be the fifth time you have mentioned my black Jazz bass when I said something was boring or whatever. :blob7:
We're talking about necks here, not bodies.
I've got a Pau Ferro fingerboard, much fancier/lighter colored than the average piece, sitting atop a vivid red Padouk neck core. Aside from Warmoth necks, I have never seen another Padouk/Pau Ferro neck, so certainly it's an interesting combo of woods.
If you think the body is boring though, find me some pictures of black Jazzes with solid pickguards. Not quite as common as the three ply. Now find one that has the PJ configuration. Now find one with a Telecaster style pickup selector switch.

I know you have a thing for Tele basses too, you can't tell me that you haven't seen a million of those around.  :blob7:

Max found line6man's buttons, and hes pushing them :laughing7:

rapfohl09 said:
line6man said:
Max said:
line6man said:
NLD09 said:
Or you could just get a Canary neck. have not tried one personally, but they are supposed to be similar to maple, and they have a similar look.

+1.

That sounds like a very boring generic neck to me. Do something fun...  :icon_biggrin:

Max, this has got to be the fifth time you have mentioned my black Jazz bass when I said something was boring or whatever. :blob7:
I've got a Pau Ferro fingerboard, much fancier/lighter colored than the average piece, sitting atop a vivid red Padouk neck core. Aside from Warmoth necks, I have never seen another Padouk/Pau Ferro neck, so certainly it's an interesting combo of woods.
If you think the body is boring though, find me some pictures of black Jazzes with solid pickguards. Not quite as common as the three ply. Now find one that has the PJ configuration. Now find one with a Telecaster style pickup selector switch.

I know you have a thing for Tele basses too, you can't tell me that you haven't seen a million of those around.  :blob7:

I prefer switches to buttons thank you. :blob7:

line6man said:
rapfohl09 said:
line6man said:
Max said:
line6man said:
NLD09 said:

+1.

I prefer switches to buttons thank you. :blob7:
4 pole DPDT, right? And don't forget... buttons are a type of switch. Tact switches, for example.

Back