Ultra stable neck

Bruno

Hi folks,
I have a Warmoth Pro neck (std thin) in pauferro w/pauferro fretboard. Incredible neck! My warmtoh guitar with gauge 010-046 "never never never" :) loses tuning. Impressive.
I would like to buy a showcase neck in this days, before September ends. You recommended me a neck 1-11/16 (not fat or boat) that is so stable?

Thanks

P.S.:
Maple w/satin finish is so stable that pauferro ? I love raw neck but I love too maple w/satin finish

Any of the dual action truss rod necks with good locking tuners should provide a win.  Warmoth Pro construction + your favorite brand of locking tuners should yield positive results (and maybe avoid Wizard profile).
I like both 59 Roundback & SRV profiles.  Both have more wood 'meat' to them than the Standard Thin.

Thank :)
Warmoth pro, of course and absolutely six Sperzel Trim Lock :guitarplayer2:

Stupid question: if I try with a std thin, maple neck w/rose with oil  or unfinish ?

The warranty is void if you don't use a finish on maple.  I know tru-oil is available in Europe, and it's easy to apply.  If you like a dull or satin finish you can use steel wool or non-woven abrasive pads (scotchbrite, in the US) to dull the finish.

Bagman67 said:
The warranty is void if you don't use a finish on maple. 

I know I know  :icon_thumright:
I expressed myself badly: no finish=thin finish (for maple neck) in my mind  :doh: (a couple of coats of sealer/primer and another pair of satin finish - all water-based paint)

Bagman67 said:
I know tru-oil is available in Europe, and it's easy to apply.

Tru oil birchwood (oil and wax), yes available in Italy too

So...I'm thinking about and honestly I'm changing my mind: probably best for me a neck without finish (canary, wenge etc.)
I'm undecided  :icon_scratch:

Bloodwood is very slick / smooth feeling. My newest neck is bloodwood and I love it.
The one before that is padouk. No so smooth and initially annoying to feel the grain but I forget about that after a few minutes.

My oldest is maple and now is finished with Behlen's Master-Gel.
It initially had a water based clear finish on it that was torture, and very "needy" when it came to keeping in NOT feeling sticky.

I finally got the nerve to remove the old finish and re finish it with Mater-Gel (wipe on poly ) and it's very nice now.
It stays nice feeling for a long time now and if it ever does ( rarely ) begin to feel a bit dirty,
my clean up method is to wet my hand with an ice cube, ( I always have a little ice cooler nearby for drinks )
rub my wet hand down the back of the neck and then dry it off with a clean towel, and after that is back to feeling
perfect.

I have never seen a  pau ferro neck.  Love it as a fingerboard.

A photo would be great.

I also agree with Autobat...the Warmoth Pro necks are super stable.  Even my super thin maple wizard profile has barely been touched since I set it up.  I am constantly tweaking my other guitars with single action truss design.

Pauferro is indescribable: soft and smooth like nothing else. No porosity, no paint. 100% playability.
Great but expensive

I'd be curious to try Goncalo, but they have had an increase in prices in the last months (now they're over my budget)

I have a number of necks.  Pau ferro (got two of them) is on the harder/satin end of the feel spectrum.  Goncalo is more on the Flannel end of the feel spectrum.  If you sand the neck to high grits (1500 was what I had handy) it is very slick.  As far as tone, it is great to tame a very insistent telecaster.  Adds a lot more color to the picture, and tames the bite.  Canary while a little darker than maple, is a very good substitute for maple.  It will never be the same, but for looks and tone it is reasonable, and doesn't require a finish.
Patrick

DMRACO said:
I have never seen a  pau ferro neck.  Love it as a fingerboard.

A photo would be great.

Here are a few pics of the two basses I have with pau ferro necks. One is quater sawn pau ferro / pau ferro, the other one is pau ferro / macassar ebony.

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_5757.jpg
    IMG_5757.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 382
Back