UK Customs

MattPurland

Hi All,

This one's to all you UK Warmoth players - my Warmoth body, neck and other parts have been stuck in customs for nearly 4 days - does anyone know how long the usual wait is for it to come out of customs? I've bought other things from the US and it's never taken this long to get through customs.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi, Matt,
A week is not uncommon. But this time of year I would expect 4 to 5 days.
I have seen it take as long as 6 weeks during the Christmas rush!
US Postal Services (Priority International and First Class International) have to go through customs, and you often save money thereby.
UPS Express charges the maximum Customs fees allowed so they can provide Express service, which is more expensive usually.

Bob

Dont panic mate.  Mine was about 4 days in Feb 08.

You'll get the call, you'll be good to go  :icon_thumright:

I am a UK based Warmoth builder.

Customs can be a pain. I have had all of my Warmoth stuff over the years sent by UPS and as I live near east midlands airport the stuff usually gets here within 24 hours of arrival in the UK. What really annoys me is the extra charges.

The UPS conditions on the Warmoth website quite clearly state:

"You should not be charged any brokerage fees by UPS as these fees are included in the cost of transport. UPS will broker your goods at no extra charge!"

Every time I get asked to pay the brokerage fee again at this end - about $18 - it's daylight robbery. Once this is added to the customs tax it gets expensive.

I have not tried the US Postal Service for my Warmoth parts, mainly because I am impatient and couldn't wait!

I have bought other stuff like pickups, guitar electronics & other bits from other US suppliers and had them sent US Postal to the UK and not had any customs charges at all. Perhaps I have been lucky that the packages have been smaller than a guitar body or neck and have slipped through without attracting attention.

Back