Ugliest Warmoth ever :)

m4rk0

Epic Member
Well, partial warmoth that is.
it is a warmoth neck on a japanese (contemporary) strat body, on which I did a horrible finishing job years ago...

but holy crap it plays and sounds fantastic!! I had a mighty mite neck on this before, but never touched it... now I love it! :):)

orange009.jpg

orange004.jpg

I cleaned out my mancave today, so here's a family pic too!!  :icon_biggrin:

orange007.jpg

Was that the one that had the neck with the super-ultra-deluxe-jumbo-huge-gargantuan-plus-extra-big-massive frets?

Looks okay to me :p I'm sure Gary will hate it. :icon_thumright:

Yes, feckin huge (see pick)

btw, the warmoth neck is indian rosewood, with an ebony board. it is the nicest feeling rosewood I have ever seen. I am actually planning to order a nice hollow walnut body for this neck. until then, I will be able to play it on this orange monster ;)

jccaster004.jpg

As a unbiased drunk..

I have to say that guitar.. even I like strumming on it now.. it wasn't comfortable with the giant frets.. but that W neck is toooo nice.

I'm gonna steal it.

I don't think that's an ugly guitar as such, it just has a loud paintjob and a floyd. There are some seriously unattractive home drawn guitar shapes in W's "Misc" gallery section that make this look like a piece of art!  :icon_smile:

its a System I trem. stamped Fender, made by Schaller. :)
it is their take on a floyd though. or was..

My bad. It kind of looks like a floyd if you don't look closely, and floyds make me avert my eyes for fear of permanent damage  :icon_jokercolor:

kboman said:
My bad. It kind of looks like a floyd if you don't look closely, and floyds make me avert my eyes for fear of permanent damage  :icon_jokercolor:

If Floyds do that, what do these do?

Washburnwonder2001barinstalled.JPG
  :toothy10:

Superlizard said:
kboman said:

If Floyds do that, what do these do?

Washburnwonder2001barinstalled.JPG
   :toothy10:

Does that tremolo bend the pitch up when the bar dives?
That looks really cool, because i think shifting the pitch up is more useful than down.

Back