Tuning Machine Buttons

Timmsie95

I have these beautiful chrome keystone tuning machine buttons from a set of Grover tuners, and I want to use them on my upcoming VIP build, which will have Schaller Locking tuners.

Will they fit? I'm not sure if they are universal, or proprietary.

2016_02_09_21_48_28.jpg

Good question. It all depends on the shaft shape. Some are flatted rounds, hex or square. What shape are the Grover shaft holes? There doesn't seem to be much information on the shaft compatibility.

I am about to undertake the same type of transplant but with tort (plastic) buttons so I am hoping that if I need to modify it will be easy. I am interested in seeing how yours works out.

The shaft shape for these ones is a flatted round.

I searched the depthd of the internet, and someone else tried this, and the grover holes were too big, so i may just try to findsome shallers woth keystone keys, or grovers with keystones..

I have both sets and I just checked. The Grover shaft is smaller than the Schaller. Same shape though.

Why, if the Grover fit the Schaller it would mean they would be standardized. And that would be plain wrong ...  :laughing7:

Logrinn said:
Why, if the Grover fit the Schaller it would mean they would be standardized. And that would be plain wrong ...  :laughing7:
Yeah, haha. The biggest headache with all of this stuff is finding parts that work with eachother. You can't let these knobs touch these pots, or feed them after midnight, or something bad will happen...  :laughing7:

Back