tuners mounting

woj74

Hi

Can't find a good solution how make the tuners (Gotoh 1 mounting screw) look like soldiers in a row and not like branches of a tree each going to it's own direction or angle. Any idea how to achieve all six looking straight?

Install the tuners in the holes and tighten the top screws till their firm, but not super type.  From there you can take a ruler, or flat edge of any type and lay it against the flat back part of the underside of the tuners and line them all up.  I suppose you could be super anal and measure the distance from each and every tuner and make sure their equi-distant.

But then, once they're where you want them to be, you can drill the holes for the screws.  Piece o' cake.

erik

taez555 said:
 I suppose you could be super anal and measure the distance from each and every tuner and make sure their equi-distant.

I use the same initial snugly tighten and align process, but then a set of dial calipers gets me spacing that is dead-on equidistant

all the best,

R

You could probably make a good jig by drilling six holes in a wooden ruler.  I used the method described above but my drilling was a little sloppy so it's not perfect.  Anyway it's close enough that you can't tell easily.

oh yeah, calipers method seems to be what i needed. Hope i will achieve 90 degree to peghead's edge. I know tuners don't need to be as precise as a gun's back-sight but it's always better to have it looking straight and professionally. Thanks for your replies

Back