Tremolo for carved top

willyk

My next build is going to be a carved top LPS. What sort of tremolo (non locking type) would you put on it? I like the 6 hole vintage trem from W but they don't work with carved tops. How about a Wilkinson?............any thoughts? :icon_scratch:

it's gonna be a righty this time BTW :icon_thumright:

willyk said:
My next build is going to be a carved top LPS. What sort of tremolo (non locking type) would you put on it? I like the 6 hole vintage trem from W but they don't work with carved tops. How about a Wilkinson?............any thoughts? :icon_scratch:

You may have to go with a recessed Floyd, that's about the only trems I've seen on a LP.. :dontknow:

Wyliee said:
Any stud mount trem should be fine.  I happen to like the Wilky trem.
Hmmmm, as Johnny Carson would say "I did not know that".... :icon_biggrin:

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Yes. Lol 

Edit: Ha i bet you wee confused at first though.
Ya, I had a bit of a head scratch at first 'til i realized you made a miostake..... :doh:

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
DangerousR6 said:
Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Yes. Lol 

Ya, I had a bit of a head scratch at first 'til i realized you made a miostake..... :doh:
Ha. I was a bit of a dummy! 
The fingers were moving but the mind was on idle........
265.gif

DangerousR6 said:
Wana_make_a_guitar said:
DangerousR6 said:
Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Yes. Lol 

Ha. I was a bit of a dummy! 
The fingers were moving but the mind was on idle........
265.gif
Quite so

Man i'm bored i got nuthin to do-
You know any good virtual guitar making sites?

How about this one... a bit of a change... http://mguitar.com/guitars/custom/custombuild.php

willyk said:

Are you sure that 6-hole trems won't work with carved tops? I had a VW carved top a few years ago with a 6-hole, worked fine.

Re: Those guitar designer thingies...

Warmoth ought to have on of those with its most common options available for customers to play with - it might make the end result easier to envisage.

I say: HIPSHOT TREMOLO!! better than wilkies. (no knifes to go dull, more sturdy, nicer way to put the tremarm in the block, tremarm goes through the baseplate into the block) and the cool thing is: the hipshot fits on warmoth's Wilkinson-rout!

Back