Transparent red S/S/H strat * sound clips and photos *

notid

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the advice and tips on putting this together.

I have for your viewing pleasure a transparent red strat.

* Kingwood fretboard with maple back
* Alder body
* Standard fender tremolo
* Planet wave locking tuners
* Lindy fralin vintage pickups in N/M
* JB in the bridge

Overall, I think it sounds great. I've got my first setup, and it sounds awesome, but I couldn't get the action as low as I would have liked. I will likely get a fret dressing to be able to lower the action more.

Sorry for the crappy photos, I had an iphone. More will come soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 566
1.3 megapixels? You should be able to score better photos than that from an iPhone.

Killer Strat though, I love red instruments.

That's an awesome looking guitar...

and anybody notice that he's got the photos attached?

Great looking first build.  Nice work... :headbang1:
I like the black & whites and yes, red geetars are nice.

Welcome to the forum  :rock-on:

I created some sound clips. :)

Attachments

• guitar demo 1.mp3
    971.9 KB
  • guitar demo 2.mp3
    1,001.4 KB
knucklehead G said:
1.3 megapixels? You should be able to score better photos than that from an iPhone.

Killer Strat though, I love red instruments.

nope iphone has a notoriously bad camera. 2 mega pixel and no variable exposure cept for 3gs. no flash and no focus ability what so ever. cant do closeup's. can't shoot in low light without a steadycam app as the exposure time is very long. and yet i still love mine!

killer axe! and very interesting playing!

Hey guys, I took some new photos with a much better camera. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Bryce

Assumer said:
Love the fretboard

+1

Kingwood makes a great fingerboard.

Question:  why did you go with white singles and a black humbucker?  No "I would have never done that" type judgement here, just curiosity.  It's interesting to hear why people make the design choices that they do!

CrackedPepper said:
Assumer said:
Love the fretboard

+1

Kingwood makes a greatfinger board.

Question:  why did you go with white singles and a black humbucker?  No "I would have never done that" type judgement here, just curiosity.  It's interesting to hear why people make the design choices that they do!

Yes, kingwood is quite the looker. Mine feels a bit dry, but I intend to try rubbing some linseed oil on it next string change.

With regards to the pickups, I was originally planning on a different humbucker. I now intend to get black pickup covers for the single coils because I think that'll look better.

Thanks for the feedback!
Bryce

how come every bryce i know plays guitar? ok i only know one bryce you'd be the second, that's not a big sample size. and for all i know you are him. i don't know what i'm saying any more.
but yea :kewlpics:  :rock-on: :headbang: :guitarplayer2:

Red is probably the most difficult color to photograph. These pictures are really good, I bet that thing shines face to face with it.
MULLY
I like it

Dan025 said:
how come every bryce i know plays guitar? ok i only know one bryce you'd be the second, that's not a big sample size. and for all i know you are him. i don't know what i'm saying any more.
but yea :kewlpics:  :rock-on: :headbang: :guitarplayer2:

I don't know a Dan who likes guitars who knows me, so I'm probably not that Bryce. :)

Back