Transparent burgandy Tele with Rosewood/Maple neck

Finally for this weekend I'll throw in an unsolicited endorsement for the place that did my custom neckplate.  I took the logo that I made for the headstock, and added a label and serial number for fun, then submitted it to LazrArtStore.com.  Came back in a few days, and included 4 screws and a black plastic cushion backing.  I couldn't be happier with the look.

Had trouble with lighting on the reflective chrome.  This will have to do for quick and dirty.

51241864232_76671660aa_c.jpg

ragamuffin said:
Looking good! What are you doing with the push-pull pots?

Thanks!

I think it's buried in a post above, but I'll go back over it. 

Got the idea on the volume pot from a youtube video discussing best pot resistance for single coil vs humbucker... Traditional SC usually sound best with 250k, but humbuckers with 500k.  The video had a wiring setup so that when the humbucker was split, the volume pot was changed from 500k to 250k.  I wanted to hear the difference so the push pull on the 500k volume pot drops another 500k resistor across it in parallel, so the end result is 250k.  I may take that out if I like one resistance for all pickup combinations.  If I end up liking the split humbucker with 250 all the time, for example, I've still got one flight on the super switch that I can use to add that extra resistor to particular switch positions.  (Hopefully the wordy answer makes sense.)

I've got the tone control set up with standard 47 uF capacitor, but can switch to 22 uF by pulling it out.  Wanted to try both, and figured this way I could switch back and forth until I find what I prefer.

Naturally, I couldn't keep things simple.  :icon_biggrin:

jim232777 said:
Finally for this weekend I'll throw in an unsolicited endorsement for the place that did my custom neckplate.  I took the logo that I made for the headstock, and added a label and serial number for fun, then submitted it to LazrArtStore.com.  Came back in a few days, and included 4 screws and a black plastic cushion backing.  I couldn't be happier with the look.[/img]

I purchased mine from the same dealer and was very impressed and pleased with their work! An afternoon designing a backplate and it was good to go! Mine covers the entire surface, so it's not as reflective haha.  https://imgur.com/a/LoGb4x2

So no posts in a while.  I simply fell in love with the finished product, and spend all my time playing it.  It has definitely become my #1 guitar.  :)

I think all the details are in previous posts, so I won't rehash the whole build.  (Maybe I'll go back through to see if I left anything out.)  The neck is super smooth, with just the burnished roasted maple and the Lindy Fralin pickups are amazing.  I'm pretty proud of the body finish.  I had originally wanted a satin finish that was a bit thinner than the gloss TruOil I ended up with, and do wish the Wudtone satin had worked out, but the end result is still beautiful in my opinion. 

Another tweak that might improve it would be a slightly thicker neck.  The Warmoth model I ordered I was the "standard thin", described as very similar to modern Fender necks.  Turns out to be very slightly thinner than my Fender models but it's enough to be different to the feel.  I wasn't crazy about a fat-necked Fender custom shop model I tried at a music store, so went with the "thin" rather than a Fatback or Boatneck.  Maybe a "59 Roundback" would have been the way to go.

At any rate, here are a couple snaps.

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• finished_front_reduced.jpg
    finished_front_reduced.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 38
  • finished_back_reduced.jpg
    finished_back_reduced.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 37
Back