Trans blue VIP!

Caleidoscope

Well after a lot of months of thinking and waiting I finally got my first Warmoth and I couldn't be happier!

It's Mahogany with a Wenge/ebony neck and a black korina top! I added gold for extra bling even tho a lot of people wouldn't approve =)

It sounds and feels perfect!!

Here are two crappy pics taken with an iphone. I might decide one day to take the "swimming pool with view" photo but I spend too much time playing it so some other day!!

IMG_0123.jpg

and a shot of the body

IMG_0127.jpg

That sure looks awesome, can you find a matching bezel ring for that single coil? I think it should have one

Personally, I don't like bezels on single coils. I do like that the single coil matches the humbucker rings, though.

to be barely on topic.

is it a good idea to put a thin, Flat humbucker ring on a Bridge Pup? I've seen it on a lot of Ibanez lately. I really like the look of the protruding Pups over the thick cheesy Gibson style angled rings.

You know, that V head looks great on that
oh and the body finish is great. Good Job

That looks awesome!  I've been curious about what Black Korina would look like with a transparent finish.

AGWAN said:
is it a good idea to put a thin, Flat humbucker ring on a Bridge Pup? I've seen it on a lot of Ibanez lately. I really like the look of the protruding Pups over the thick cheesy Gibson style angled rings.

FWIW, although a carved top, the VIP's center section is flat.  That's why you can get a Strat flat mount bridge on a Carved Top Tele or Carved Top VIP but not on a Carved top LP, though I don't know why anyone would want to.  The angled Gibby ones for curved carved tops, some are compensated for that, so it may not work.  It's moot anyway, as this is not a flat thin humbucker ring.

Thats why it was a question and not an observation.

though, I did observe the tall rings on this guitar, and realized they don't suit my tastes.

so I asked if they were necessary.

besides my question, I love seeing the 510 and korina together with a trans finish.

The Norwegian Guy said:
The only thing that bothers me is that the singlecoil doesn't have a ring, but it's still an awesome geetur!
If ya like it then you better put a ring on it.

Back