Tobacco burst VIP

Fonsati

Just got a package containing these beauties. I have put together the basic electronics but the drilling will have to wait until i get the tools i need for the job. Will end up in the gallery with more details when it's done, which might be a while since i don't have the pickups yet... Also, sorry for the bad photo quality, only had my cell available.

Congrats. :blob7:
That's going to be a great looking guitar.
What pups are you planning?

That's a real beauty! Big fan of the VIP body but was wondering how binding would work now that the carved tops are dual laminate.

Looks great!

Great looking peices you've got there! It's always a nice surprise to see a Vip getting assembled on here....they're unfortunately few and far between. Can't wait to see the finished product!

This looks gorgeous!
This is the best looking tobacco burst I've seen so far, balanced and beautiful, congratulations.

Fonsati said:
PRS Dragon II's, hence the waiting time.

Not hating on the Dragon IIs, but if you're putting PRS pickups in there, why not the newer 57/08, 59/09 or 53/10s? IMO they're a massive improvement over the older PRS pickups

Not hating on the Dragon IIs, but if you're putting PRS pickups in there, why not the newer 57/08, 59/09 or 53/10s? IMO they're a massive improvement over the older PRS pickups

Tried a few different PRS models in a store and i simply prefered the tone of the dragon II's. I liked the feel of something in between a vintage and a modern pickup, just a question of what tone you are looking for i guess.

Back