Tobacco Burst LP

Cane

Here is my first Warmouth build.

This was a Xmas present from my family (Lucky Me)

The parts list:
Lp Tobacco Burst Flamed maple top and a Trans Brown Mahogany back.
LP Birdseye maple neck with Ebony fret board with the Gold frets ( These are silky smooth, I love the height and feel )
The tuners are Planet Waves auto trim tuners, ( My new favorite)
TonePros for the bridge system.
All chrome Knobs, Switch, Strap post and football plug cover.
500k Pots
Bridge pickup is a Duncan Custum ( Reversed Zebra )
Neck pickup is a Alnico II Pro™ ( Reversed Zebra )

The Pics:

Attachments

• Body-Flash.jpg
    Body-Flash.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 991
  • Final2.jpg
    Final2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 816
  • Guitar1.jpg
    Guitar1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 945
  • Guitar-Back.jpg
    Guitar-Back.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 834
VERY TASTY! :guitaristgif:

Whats the tone like with the Maple neck?

Is the neck finished, can't quite make it out but looks like satin finish?

Awesome  :icon_thumright:

KILLER!!  love that maple neck...curious about effect on tone--how does it compare to mahogany? :eek:ccasion14:

The Maple Neck matches the Natural Masked Binding...Cool!  Gorgeous! Congrats!

It's beautiful! That's one of the nicest tobacco bursts I've seen. Tell us about the tone with the maple neck.

Thanks,

I have a ESP EC1000 all Mahogany and a Epiphone LP and both have a nice warm sound.
But I bought a Schecter C-1 + and it is a mahogany with a maple neck thats when I decided to try it on my first Warmouth build, I am a big fan of the LP so that had to be the first choice.

The Shecter has a very crisp bite to it that I like alot.
Now when I built the Warmouth-LP I found A nice maple neck with a Ebony board with those tall gold frets.
I wasn't sure about the ebony board since all my others are rosewood.

But the end result is a Fat sounding LP with a little bite or crunchy sizzle to it, and the ebony board I think makes it sustain for days.
I also liked the fact that the maple neck was going to blend nicely with the Masked binding on the body.
Yes the neck is not finished I love the feel of the wood , it is super fast,  the fret board and the frets are like silk also.
We will see if I will be replacing that neck because of warpage, we have a very dry climate here in Reno so will have to wait an see it has a big effect on the wood.
It's just amazing feel to the neck bare like that.

Now finding the right flamed maple top was the hardest decision.
There was some real nice one piece tops with the fire burst and I almost chose one but I don't no about the redness on those as I'm not a fan of red.
Actually the pics I posted of this LP shows more red then it really looks like.
In person I would say it is more of an Ice Tea like burst, It really blows all my other guitars away this top just jumps out at you.

I am curious to see those one piece Fire Burst Lp's finished so if you bought one of those  Please post it.
And if any one has a Fire Burst can you tell me how red they are.

ventolino

The grade on this top I'm not sure but it was in the upperend price range in the showcase.
I did look at alot before I picked it, but I like this one more then the others.
I think when you choose you look at the detail and it's character and you just now you like it.
I thought mine had alot of nice patterns on it, and I looked at every Flame top in the showcase before I could make up my mind.

Nice Axe, Man!  The color seems a tad light for a Tobacco Sunburst, though.  I was wanting a Tobacco Sunburst on my build, can you get them in different shades?  I like 'em darker.

TexxasJam said:
Nice Axe, Man!  The color seems a tad light for a Tobacco Sunburst, though.  I was wanting a Tobacco Sunburst on my build, can you get them in different shades?  I like 'em darker.

I like mine darker also but when you see this in person it's amazing.
I think doing a Black/Brown/Yellow burst has that darker burst.

Like this one.
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP64&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0
This one was actually my third choice. I picked the Tabocco one because of the figure it had.

I wonder how that could be a tobaccoburst, if this is one too..

LPCP64a.jpg

I like both though, but how is it possible?

Orpheo said:
I wonder how that could be a tobaccoburst, if this is one too..

LPCP64a.jpg

I like both though, but how is it possible?

What I meant to say was that if you wanted a darker burst than my Tobacco burst then go with a Black/Brown/Yellow Burst.

I have seen alot of differant tobacco burst some darker than others.

Mine is actually quite light.

Back