Time to bungle in the jungle

DocNrock

Master Member
I built this camphor burl VIP, but did not know where it was going to land me.  I had this neck that I used in a mutt build that actually went perfectly with this VIP.  It has what you see, a black korina body with a camphor burl top.  The neck is zebrawood with an ebony fingerboard and MOP dots.  I have an old DiMarzio Megadrive in the bridge slot, and a Sustainiac in the neck slot.  How cool is that?

Other details:  Planet Waves tuners, 6100 SS Frets, and of course an OFR.  I put a big brass block on the OFR, as well.  :icon_biggrin:

bunjung.jpg

back-10.jpg

junglebody.jpg

jungleback.jpg

WOW that looks nice  :icon_thumright:  i wish my VIP would just get here already. i hope mine turns out half as nice!

That is very cooool  :headbang1:
The Zebra neck goes great with that Camphor Burl...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Very nice!  I'm beginning to see what you meant by a cascade effect in you collection.

Thunder and lightning couldn't be bolder.  :toothy12:

shanejw said:
Cool.  Where did you get the Sustainiac?  How much was it?  How hard was it to install?

Thanks for all the great replies.

Shane, the Sustainiac I got from the source (Maniac Music, I think).  It cost about $200.  Regarding the intstall, it apparently is very sensitive to wire lengths, etc. 
That said, I'm going to have my guitar guy wire it up for me.  I just don't want to play that game.

DangerousR6 said:
whatwasithinkin said:
BOING!!  :icon_thumright: Love the burl  :guitaristgif:
Brent has some sweet guitars, but alas, I think he has left us behind.... :sad:

I just took a little side trip, I check in now and then.  :eek:ccasion14:

Back