Thoughts on a neck for this White Korina LP

Vol. Knob

This lovely item is in the showcase.  I'm tempted by this body for my first Warmoth build once all my ebay transactions complete.

Its a White Korina body & Top. 

From what I read in the Warmoth wood descriptions, its tonally the same as Black Korina.  Naturally I want to go with an exotic no-finish-needed neck. 

Wenge is a popular one for Korina bodies on this page.  Its stiff, has strong mids and warm lows.  Open Grain for less surface drag on the thumb

Bubinga looks like a simaler shade of brown to my eyes.  It appears to come in at the same place in the "Tone-O-Meter".  And while the woods description is less specific on its tonal attributes, it looks like an attractive match for a White Korina body like this.

I figure Kingwood or Pau Ferro for a fingerboard.  But its all "fantasy build" so far. 

Thoughts?

lpc121a.jpg
lpc121b.jpg
lpc121c.jpg

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=lpc121&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

I'd say white korina neck with a nice ziricote or pau ferro fretboard would be a proper fit.... :party07: :party07:

Rat chere...

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?itemnumber=wn657&CFID=4127058&CFTOKEN=85758700

i have a 2lb8oz white korina JM body...
so far, i have put a traditional maple and braz rw neck on it. BUT i was very interested in a korina neck with ebony---
i vote for korina!

RLW said:
Rat chere...

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?itemnumber=wn657&CFID=4127058&CFTOKEN=85758700
Meh, kinda plain...

This would look good, nice grain pattern on fretboad and a touch of flame in the neck to go with the touch of flame in the body...
WN588A.jpg

WN588B.jpg

Come on. Ziricote. Look. Awesome.

BN1627A.jpg

Edit: Before anyone says anything - because someone is bound to - I know this is a bass neck, I know this is nothing like the neck Vol. Knob is looking for. Except for the ziricote fingerboard. Which he should purchase for that nice body.

nathan a said:
BN1627A.jpg

Edit: Before anyone says anything - because someone is bound to - I know this is a bass neck, I know this is nothing like the neck Vol. Knob is looking for. Except for the ziricote fingerboard. Which he should purchase for that nice body.
Oh I agree with you 100% nathan, I have 2 necks with ziricote boards and absolutely love 'em. And I've always been a maple person as far as necks and fretboards go...

nathan a said:

BN1627A.jpg

Hey nathan....that's a bass neck.... :laughing11:

I'm waffling  back and forth between this body or having an LPS made with a Mahogony body and Padouk top.  But either way, I'm liking the Wenge and Ziricote more and more as I research here and see what everyone is doing.  I really like the idea of an unfinished neck. 

And there will be no dots or fret markers on the face.  Side yes, face no.

A bidding war erpupted on one of the guitars I have on ebay, so I'll succumb to my Unique Choice temptations and not break the bank.  But alas, the Ziricote board that was beconing me yesterday is gone  :sad1:

Back