This Strat Brought to you by . . . Pabloman

I'm not too sure on that one . . . yes, it would match the bridge, but the neck plate, strap buttons, pick guard screws, tuners are all chrome. I'm thinking mere I'll go chrome except for the bridge, which can just match the pickups and knobs (all black) .  . .  we'll see. I'll mess with mockups when the bod arrives.

I think if you go with black Sperzels it will tie it in together. The have the Chrome posts. That or black Schallers and use Chrome nuts and washes. That's how I was going to use that Wilky. The nickel Fender bar helps too and it fits like a glove.

yes, Schaller Mini-Locks will be down the road, along with the P-Rails. We'll see. that's still far off right now. I may even go for a chrome wilky at that point and make this one available for others who could use it . . .

That's one of the nicest looking necks I have ever seen,

The body looks killer too, gotta love swamp ash finished like that, I think the guys at W have been taking notes from Tonar, it looks that good

Cagey said:
Attaboy! Pay it forward.

yeah, I can't help but imagine it with a nice minty pickguard, some cream P-Rails and knobs, and all the chrome hardware. I'm a sucker for classic '60s start styling.

The first thing that occurs to me when I see a vintage instrument is what it'll go for on eBay vs. what I can get it for. I have no desire to own anything like that any longer than it would take to flip it. I suffered with what are now called "vintage" instruments too much when I was just a grasshopper. Now I want something good. Technology has advanced. There's nothing good about the old crap. I understand sentimentality, but there's a limit.

Actually Cagey, for the second time in two days I agree with you. I think we're setting a record,

Alfang said:
I think we're setting a record,

That's fine, as long as the RIAA doesn't get involved. They find out we're making records and we'll never get out of court  <grin>

I'm not one for the vintage stuff either . . . but you gotta admit . . . aesthetically . . . dayum. I only went with the tuners 'cause of price. in retrospect, I could've afforded some nice ones, but I didn't know at the time that I was getting all this free stuffs. I can live with 'em for now, they still work okay.

Aesthetically, when I see a vintage part all I see is yet another entry on my charge card bill as I order a proper replacement. Although, that hasn't happened in some time, at least for any of my guitars.

Cagey said:
Aesthetically, when I see a vintage part all I see is yet another entry on my charge card bill as I order a proper replacement. Although, that hasn't happened in some time, at least for any of my guitars.

I guess you're thinking specific parts, while I'm thinking a general aesthetic. You can get that vintage strat-ish look just with a sunburst, light pick guard and chrome hardware, IMO.

Ok, update!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 4.26.25 PM.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 37
Will likely not set eyes on it (this would be the neck) until Thursday night, because I'm at school, not at home. At least it is Fall "break" this week (a.k.a here, have a Friday off, we're feeling extra generous)

Body Shipped . . . set to arrive next Tuesday!

I hope to figure some way to connect with someone and get this pick guard wired up this weekend, so when the bod arrives, I can go to town with assembly and maybe even get a pro setup by the end of next week. (I've been told that if you pay this luthier in cash up front, they give you priority.)

hey! what might be in this triangular box?!  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

sorry, no pics . . . but there's a short unboxing video going up on vimeo as I type. It will be on my page here: http://vimeo.com/calebgenheimer/videos

(in the meantime, enjoy some of my other stuff there. There is a documentary about my Hammond B3 that I did for my filmmaking class a couple weeks back, or if you feel like some funny-bone-tickling,  The Search for the Greatest Bread (and other adventures) is a really great documentary that I filmed . . . of my friends pretending they were hosting a documentary/reality TV show. None of it was scripted, planned or staged.)

Back