This started life as an Yngwie Strat

Wizard of Wailing

The Candy Apple Red body on this Strat is from my 2005 Fender Yngwie Strat which I never grew to like.  The body is all that remains from that guitar. 

Body

2005 Fender Yngwie Candy Apple Red
Bladerunner SuperVee Trem
Anotone Gold Anodized Pickguard
Bridge: Dimarzio AT-1
Mid and Neck: Lace Sensor Golds

Neck

Warmoth Pro 10-16" Roasted Maple on Roasted Maple with 6100 Gold Frets
LSR Roller Nut
Sprezel Gold Locking Tuners

I couldn't find a gold anodized pickguard without that horrible volume knob placement, so there is a hole there.  For some reason Anotone couldn't custom make me one without that hole.  (Curse you Leo Fender!!!)  I hope Warmoth will start selling Gold Anodized Pickguards someday.

Attachments

• IMG_2064 (1).JPG
    IMG_2064 (1).JPG
    539.8 KB · Views: 756
I'd have to call that a serviceable improvement over the Malmsteen unit.  Nice work.

It looks good.

You don't by any chance have the scalloped neck left ?

The strat in my avatar is a Malmsteen strat. I really like the scalloping, mines probably a deeper scallop from around 2009. It's one of the best Fender Strats I've owned. Of course they don't suit everyone.

I sold the neck in 2010 and that's the year I discovered Warmoth.  The neck with the painted red headstock (seen on the strat I posted just before this one), is the first thing I ever bought from Warmoth.
    Some days I liked the Yngwie neck and sometimes I hated it.  I live in Iowa and I didn't own a computer in 2005 so I had no way of finding an Yngwie strat.  I just had to order one from the local Fender dealer and hope that I liked it.  I didn't, but it all worked out in the end.

Ok understood. No chance of me buying the neck off you then. The Candy Apple Red ones you don't see too often now.

I keep my Yngwie strat tuned to Eb so it only tends to get used if I am in a Hendrix or Neo Classical mood. I've been mainly playing my Teles, Morse and Les Paul more lately though.

Back