This is why your music store clerk hates you.

NLD09 said:
Came across this and thought it was pretty funny.

http://wimp.com/musicstore
My wife calls it the Guitar World lick of the month club. She will look at one and ask if they know any other licks than the one they have repeated for the last hour.
Now have a 50ish woman ask that and they usually put the guitar up.
Ever notice guys who know how to play never seem to plug in the guitars they are demoing?

One of my nieces worked at a Guitar Center for about a year or so until she couldn't stand it anymore. Same sort of thing, all the time. It's a good argument for a liberal return policy. Let people take things home and aggravate everybody there, rather than drive customers out of the store.

I can kind of relate.  We have a life size R2-D2 in the store that makes noise if you press a button.  When kids come in, suddenly our normally silent R2-D2 blips and bleeps 987 times in 5 minutes.  But at least in that case, we can go over and say "R2 has to go to sleep now," and unplug it. 

There is a boutique guitar store near me that only hires professional musicians and although these guys can really play, they are not salesmen.  Although Guitar Center hires morons and kids, they are there to sell stuff and try to be helpful. I would rather deal with a well-intentioned idiot than a "know it all" pro who is too busy f*&king around with toys to help me try to spend my money. Oh, and headphones should be required for all practice sessions, and employees (for their sanity).

I seem to go into a music store about once a year.  It only takes a minute to remember why I only go about once a year. 

Back