this company does all the wiring.

I'm not into doing sanding/painting or fretwork.  I'm glad there are people that enjoy it, and I will outsource those jobs and happily pay.
Wiring isn't horrible, tuning machines are simple enough.
Being an apartment dweller makes it easier to avoid painting, since I've no room to do it.

AutoBat said:
I'm not into doing sanding/painting or fretwork.  I'm glad there are people that enjoy it, and I will outsource those jobs and happily pay.
Wiring isn't horrible, tuning machines are simple enough.
Being an apartment dweller makes it easier to avoid painting, since I've no room to do it.

I think I would enjoy the painting if I knew how to do it and had the place and tools to get it done.
MULLY

jay4321 said:
Max said:
I'm pretty sure tuners are everyone's least favorite part.

I keep telling you guys, especially those who do a lot of guitar projects... that $35 StewMac part is worth every penny. It's totally unnecessary but well worth the convenience.

Ditto - the StuMac Gizmo is the bees knees.

mayfly said:
jay4321 said:
Max said:
I'm pretty sure tuners are everyone's least favorite part.

I keep telling you guys, especially those who do a lot of guitar projects... that $35 StewMac part is worth every penny. It's totally unnecessary but well worth the convenience.

Ditto - the StuMac Gizmo is the bees knees.

What Gizmo are you guys talking about?
MULLY

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Tuner_installation_tools/Tuner_Pin_Drill_Jig.html

stubhead said:
I have three good soldering irons, and I still consider wiring to be 90% of the suck of the job. Hell, I'd rather do fretwork.... :eek: :eek: :eek: God did not over-bless me with the "electrician gene", I spoze.

(or was it Darwin....?)
I know what you mean. I'm an EE, did my time as a tech out of school 100 years ago, and am quite the pro at wiring/soldering/etc. if I do say so myself. But, I think I'd rather take a beating than wire up a guitar. It's just so tedious. On the plus side, and again not to toot my own horn, but at least I don't have to worry about it like some do. No mysteries in there.

Cagey said:
stubhead said:
I have three good soldering irons, and I still consider wiring to be 90% of the suck of the job. Hell, I'd rather do fretwork.... :eek: :eek: :eek: God did not over-bless me with the "electrician gene", I spoze.

(or was it Darwin....?)
I know what you mean. I'm an EE, did my time as a tech out of school 100 years ago, and am quite the pro at wiring/soldering/etc. if I do say so myself. But, I think I'd rather take a beating than wire up a guitar. It's just so tedious. On the plus side, and again not to toot my own horn, but at least I don't have to worry about it like some do. No mysteries in there.

I may have said this before, I'm too lazy to go back and look through to see if I did or not, but I find it really interesting to hear what other people consider tedious or "sucky" as far as putting a guitar together. Wiring is so fun for me that I can't imagine it being tedious. Very interesting indeed.
MULLY
you can send them to me, I'll wire them.....no promise you'll get them back though HAHAHAHA!!!!

Back