Thinking about this neck. Opinions?

gstring120 said:
Jusatele said:
DangerousR6 said:
Looks cool, but I think a maple fretboard would have made that stand out more.... :dontknow:
I really like but have to agree about the maple
oh well
Nice build by the way

I thought about maple, and I agree, it would have made everything stand out more.  But man, that wenge and macassar ebony neck plays sweet.
Agreed, wenge is awesome, i have two of them. One with ziricote board and one with pau ferro...Love them both... :icon_thumright:

This guitar is very well themed........Kinda like a Dark Prince of Strats.  :evil4:

OzziePete said:
This guitar is very well themed........Kinda like a Dark Prince of Strats.  :evil4:

Thanks Oz.  I was going for a 'dark' look and like your description.  Care if I use that one?  Lol!  :laughing7:

I love Macassar Ebony... I three all macassar necks! I'm thinking maybe a Wenge/Macassar neck next time as well. How is the access to the high frets with the strat body?

jbis said:
I love Macassar Ebony... I three all macassar necks! I'm thinking maybe a Wenge/Macassar neck next time as well. How is the access to the high frets with the strat body?

I have the contoured heel so it's not that difficult to reach the higher frets, but a soloist body would be ideal IMHO.  I just wanted the 7/8 body.

Back